Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 47 days ago
What you will do
The National Account Manager will be responsible for building strong client relationships within SimplexGrinnell's largest Enterprise and National accounts. The National Account Manager identifies, develops and closes incremental sales opportunities within the current customer base.
The National Account Manager will focus on the penetration of existing customers through the sale of additional products, services and solutions.
This person provides one point of contact for the customer organization; provides expertise and resources for Installation and Service offerings. The National Account Manager works closely with the Operational delivery teams to insure all commitments are met or exceeded.
How you will do it
As a National Account Manager you will meet territory, product-specific and service offering-specific sales goals to increase SimplexGrinnell Market Share within territory by selling across the SimplexGrinnell portfolio. You will meet strategic goals (e.g., sales to key accounts, increased vertical penetration, etc.) and increase penetration of products and services into existing accounts. The National Account Manager is responsible for:
• Strategic Planning: Develop and execute against strategic account plans
• Account Sales: Drive sales for all SimplexGrinnell products and services within assigned territory or set of key accounts
• Client Relationships: Work to maximize exposure to the customer C-suite in order to influence and provide customer value. Gains customer acceptance by explaining SimplexGrinnell value propositions. Leverage knowledge of industry challenges and opportunities to build trust and respect with customers
• Cross-Team Coordination: Serve as a critical team member to the sales and operations organization. Provide required input to all SimplexGrinnell project or implementation efforts. Works with appropriate personnel in affected districts to generate proposals and deliver promised solutions. Pass new customer opportunities to local offices or other Enterprise team members. Team with Sales Support to deepen technical expertise
• Forecasting and Reporting: Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts and reports to inform management's strategic decision-making
What we look for
• 7-10 years in a sales or client service organization
• Ability to deliver results while working in a highly independent and fast-paced team environment
• Proficient at uncovering key issues and providing insightful, actionable recommendations for improvement.
• Proven experience selling into the C-Suite, preferably early in the sales cycle.
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior level leadership.
• Able to read and interpret construction-related documentations (e.g. blueprints)
• Understanding of fire protection, communication, and security systems is strongly desired
• Good sales techniques and solid presentation skills