The National Account Manager is responsible for driving growth and achieving business objectives in the national industrial distribution channel in North America. Accounts supported include Grainger, Amazon, Fastenal, and other national omni-channel distributors. Disciplines will consist of account management, tactical execution of strategic planning, organizational and analytical judgments specific to the sale of Band-it product. They will also be responsible for developing relationships with key decision makers within the large industrial distribution networks and partner with BAND-IT’s channel to understand the key applications and end users that utilize our product offering. This position will develop and implement a strategy to build channel management programs, establish distributor pricing strategies to optimize profitability while growing market share, and implement a marketing plan that aligns with distributor strategies. Location is open but prefer candidate reside in Denver, CO or Chicago, IL.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a growth strategy for the national industrial channel including identification and onboarding of new distribution partners, as well as target and improve market share with existing distributors.
- Develop winning and growth orientated pricing/discount strategies with each account that align with Band-It financial objectives.
- Focus heavily on marketshare conversion by developing competitive analysis and win plans
- Understand current and future business environment, industry trends and customer needs in order to prioritize, target, and effectively grow existing and new distributors.
- Evaluate and develop a comprehensive plan to drive growth through e-commerce platforms
Distribution & Channel Management
- Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding AOP objectives within the segment
- Maintain a balance of building strong, collaborative relationships with distributors while keeping BAND-IT’s interests and goals as a top priority.
- Create and execute a channel management approach that includes technical/application support, contracts to outline business relationships, pricing strategies, and overall end user marketing support.
- Outline a targeted communication strategy with existing and new partners on BAND-IT’s value proposition as well as capabilities and offerings to distributors.
- Evaluate and partner with marketing to develop a ‘best-in-class’ content plan for each distributor’s website and e-commerce platforms. Business Leadership
- Provide leadership and vision to the development of a channel strategy and annual plans that support strategic direction, tactics, and business plans necessary to realize financial objectives.
- Develop annual/quarterly/monthly sales forecast for revenue and volume utilizing CRM and other tools required.
- Enable a collaborative environment through enhanced communication and engagement with marketing, operations, product management, regional channels and other stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge and experience working with national accounts such as Grainger, Amazon, Fastenal, etc
- Strategic thinker with high business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrated attainment of goals / targets to quota, particularly in distribution sales and industrial markets.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and align with operations, finance, engineering and marketing objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills with large accounts in a highly detailed environment
- Desire and ability for problem solving, team working, continual improvement and continued learning.
- Ability to effectively manage their work with the following PC-based software programs (Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CRM, Salesforce and company-based ERP systems.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Business or Engineering Degree with at least 5 years experience in distribution sales in industrial markets.
- At least 3 years experience working with national accounts such as Amazon, Grainger, Fastenal, MSC, and other national/omnichannel organizations is preferred.
Must be able to travel approximately 50% of the time both domestically and internationally as required (Air, car, other).
We anticipate making a starting salary offer of 105,000-125,000 depending on experience, skills, education and background. This position is eligible for a sales incentive bonus of 20%