National Account Manager - Emerging Chain Restaurants & C-Store Accts
This role will help Pactiv establish strategic points of differentiation to help drive sales growth for emerging Chain Restaurant and Convenience Store accounts. The National Account Manager will be our expert in identifying and executing against opportunities to improve the business and grow accounts in the Emerging Chain Channel.
The territory is West of Chicago to Los Angeles. The ideal candidate will live in Denver, Salt Lake City, or Phoenix.
Key Job Activities:
- The expectation in this role is to be in front of current accounts, new foodservice emerging chains restaurants and C-Stores with a minimum of 70% travel. The target for the team is to make a minimum of 4 professional calls per week.
- Develop deep relationships with our Strategic & Core Accounts with a minimum of 4 points of contact at each account (R&D, Culinary, Marketing, Ops, and Purchasing). Individual has to be able to effectively build relationships at all levels of an organization and relationship map with Pactiv’s key team members.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of manufacturing, distribution, foodservice and C-Store landscape.
- Weekly responsible to provide sales funnel updates, call reports, call schedule and actively update CRM. Prepare pre-call action plans for all accounts and execute the plan to achieve growth objectives.
- Identify sales prospects within assigned territory and targeted market segments including quickly assessing the potential and viability of the account/opportunity.
- Work with Foodservice IBP (Integrated Business Planner) personnel to prepare presentations, samples, and proposals.
- Looking for strong communicators, strong analytical skills, and the ability to challenge customers and the team.
- Strong negotiation skills, have the ability to “pre-empt” RFPs, negotiate contracts, terms and to be a good project manager in large complex bids.
- Exhibit energy, strong desire to achieve/“action-oriented”, and high dedication level. Work effectively across the organization, foster teamwork, earn trust of co-workers, and put organization above self-interests.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BS/BA degree preferred plus a minimum of 5-7 years of experience managing Foodservice accounts, Chain Restaurant and Convenience Store experience.
- Individual with a strong history of developing a growth sales plan and meeting or exceeding that plan.
- Existing customer relationships in the foodservice & C-Store segments.
- Technique and drive to secure appointments in a highly competitive environment, a “hunter”.
- High Proficiency in Business Warehouse, SAP, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).