The National Account Manager will develop new business in the eCommerce channel. In addition, the candidate will execute sales programs and coordinate shopper marketing activations across all Abbott Nutrition categories. As a member of the sales team, this role will partner with the shopper and internal marketing team to evaluate and advance new business sales including 3rd party selling opportunities. This individual will partner with their sales counterparts, Shopper Insights teams, and Brand Marketing teams to assist in the development and execution of the integrated Joint Business Plans.
Strategic sales and shopper marketing plans/platforms
- Manage and develop sales relationship with Boxed, BB.com & All Star Health, establish new business with pure play dotcom retailers and create a process to assess new business.
- Drive Abbott store sales through 3rd party integration.
- Collaborate with brand teams to develop and implement shopper marketing initiatives.
- Assist in the development of Customer-specific business building programs that drive mutual growth.
- Assess 3rd party selling and International opportunities.
- Ensure plans are integrated into annual Brand planning as well as Retail Joint Business Planning.
Assist in the development of sales and marketing promotions
- Partner with Marketing, Sales Development, and Shopper Marketing to develop and execute sales plans and shopper marketing initiatives.
- Regularly track, assess and analyze effectiveness and ROI.
- Report successes, learnings and recommendations to manager.
Key Stakeholder Management
- Develop functional understanding of brands, customers, and marketplace by cultivating relationships with the key contacts at the eCommerce retailers such as Boxed, JD.com & 3rd parties and Abbott.
- Identify opportunities for Abbott and retailers based on an understanding of their strategies and shoppers.
- Support manager when presenting marketing plans, specific programs, shopper insights, latest research and best practices to the Customer and Brand teams for their input, support and alignment.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required with 3-5 years of Retail Sales, eCommerce sales and/or digital marketing experience.
- Experience in Shopper Marketing and/or using shopper data and insights.
- Experience in Brand Management, Sales or Retail Marketing.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to present and influence others, including Abbott and Customer leaders.
- Experience including consumer/shopper insights, analytics, and budget management.