The National Account Manager (NAM) is the primary contact for all assigned categories with these high volume, nationwide accounts. The NAM should serve as the single point of contact for all customer activity, and work as a liaison with Dorman corporate to ensure these accounts receive best in class customer service. This position is a sales leadership role that will have exposure to the highest level executives at the customer and Dorman's internal organization.
- Drive sales, profitability and awareness of Dorman Products with the assigned, high volume accounts, in support of business plan achievement.
- Work closely with product management to optimize inventory/deployment and manage product lifecycles within existing categories and gain new/competitive share in non-supported categories.
- Responsible for building strong cross functional relationships with these accounts and gaining expert knowledge on the customer's go to market strategy.
- Partner with these key accounts to create and deliver upon joint business plans, implement promotional strategies and conduct regular line reviews.
- Competent in data analysis, reporting and forecasting activities and well versed in fact based sales techniques.
- Involved in all major customer events, including remote locations, factory visits and potentially attending industry events.
- Proactively communicate any competitive risks, opportunities and new product ideas back to corporate. The NAM will also be tasked with normal reporting and forecasting activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite and data analysis
- Self-starter that thrives in a remote office
- Fact-based competitive selling experience
- Ability to travel 20%+ of the time
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, automotive technology or a related field required, Master of Business Administration preferred
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- Educated in financial analysis capabilities, P&L responsibilities and monitoring the performance of publicly traded companies