Job ID: VID003646
Purpose of the Position
Significantly increase Videojet’s market share in the market located throughout the US. This position will sell the full market basket of available Videojet products including all coding technologies for primary and secondary product identification.
• Work with customer key decision makers (VP, Director and C Level personnel) to understand all corporate level projects related to package coding and mass serialization, including time frame, specific requirements and potential competition.
• Obtain corporate level agreements to use Videojet products and services, broadly as the “preferred” supplier as well as for specific projects
• Work closely with Regional, OEM and specialty sales group to ensure that corporate level agreements get executed at the individual plant level.
• Interact with Product and Vertical Segment Managers to identify and act on market trends, areas of potential competitive advantage, current product or service shortcomings, and unmet market needs.
• Corporate Level Selling – Ability to access high level decision makers, assess their needs and provide winning value propositions. Also includes negotiating large, multi-year, multinational deals and achieving an outcome that is financially positive to Videojet while satisfying the customer’s needs and positioning us for future business.
• Industry Domain Knowledge – Able to communicate with personnel within the industry in “their language” and propose solutions that directly address their specific needs.
• Communication skills - Create and clearly, crisply communicate unique value propositions to the customer and manage complex sales issues within the Videojet organization.
• Team Player— Need to coordinate with other Videojet sales people and support personnel to achieve a desired, agreed upon outcome
• Leadership skills –Drive sales through targeted customers and follow through at varying levels of the Videojet organization towards on time delivery of complex coding and marking projects.
• Project Selling – Follow up and stay on top of long sales cycle of multiple projects whose requirements often change over time
• Education – A bachelor’s degree.
• Work Experience – A minimum of 5 years of experience with a proven track record of capital equipment sales within the industry. Sales of packaging line related equipment preferred.
• Special Skills – Sufficient technical ability to understand the key operating principles of a wide array of various printing or identification technologies and the skills to propose multi-product integrated solutions that address customer specific needs
• Travel Required – 60% of the time. High concentration in the Midwest and North East but will need to visit facilities across the U.S.
Videojet Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges, and improving quality of life around the world.
Videojet is part of a global family of 20+ operating companies who drive meaningful innovation in some of today’s most dynamic, growing industries. With operating companies based around the world – our groundbreaking businesses operate across four strategic platforms:
• Product Identification
• Water Quality
• Life Sciences & Diagnostics