Job ID: BEC009282
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or at www.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
National Account Manager Job DescriptionLocation: Field based ideally in the south or east (Dallas, Nashville, Atlanta or Charlotte) but not requiredJob Title: National Account Manager
JOB DESCRIPTIONNational Accounts Manager
Purpose:The National Accounts Manager will have the responsibility for negotiating and maintaining agreements with National and Regional Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO’s) as well as National Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN’s). Additional responsibilities include directing major sales campaigns of the largest networks and subgroups of these respective customers, along with various field sales representatives, management and marketing. The successful candidate must also demonstrate strong leadership skills, a high degree of impact and influence, excellent communication and computer skills and a desire and willingness to learn. This role requires leading teams of resources to build collaborative customer partnerships while building consensus with Beckman Coulter and other Danaher operating company executives and personnel nationwide in order to achieve business objectives. This individual will need to influence, navigate, and negotiate at the CEO/CFO/COO level and must demonstrate a proven track record in strong team project management with account strategy implementation. Presentation skills to paint the corporate vision and professionalism required as well. The candidate will be responsible for all of Beckman Coulter’s entire portfolio of products and to sell Beckman Coulter Value in all instances. To this end, they must become expert in GPO and National IDN account knowledge with respect to processes, contracting procedures, regulations, business analytics, and marketing opportunities. You will also become an expert in articulating differentiators necessary to command the greatest economic benefitStrategic sales coaching and training of sales associates about Beckman Coulter and GPO/IDN processes and procedures is required. Collaborating with and supporting regional managers and area directors are core requirements while at the same time communicating with Sr. Beckman Coulter leadership at all times. Data Base management and knowledge of Sales Force.COM to properly manage sales opportunities are a plusThe successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to negotiate this complex marketplace, while keeping abreast of changes in the healthcare landscape and understanding and communicating their impact on our business.
- National GPO’s , Regional GPO’s, Regional Collaboratives and National IDN’s as assigned or created by their customer
- The National Account Manager has complete sales management responsibilities for all Beckman Coulter Diagnostic products and services (current and acquired), as well as supporting the positioning of Life Science and other Danaher operating companies products and services.
- The National Account Manager is the marshal and strategist for their assigned accounts bringing in all resources needed to win large national agreements.
- Participates in activities necessary to differentiate Beckman Coulter products including attending national trade shows.
- Seeks to continuously improve current processes and procedures.
- National Account Managers are key relationship builders with all assigned customers as well as internal Beckman Coulter associates.
- National Account Managers reach out to external sources to support business activities as needed.
- Weekly or more frequent communication with field sales and national account team members
- Participates in leadership meetings to support account business activities
- Responsible for routine Beckman Coulter training requirements
- Proper account planning using Beckman Coulter Inc. standard work where appropriate
- Completion and submission of Beckman Coulter, Inc. Travel & Entertainment Expense Reports within the first 12 working days of the end of the expense reporting month
- Bachelor’s degree in field with 9+ years experience OR
- Master’s degree in field with 7+ years experience OR
- Doctoral degree in field with 4+ years experience