Basic Function of the Position: Achieve and exceed individual sales goal of assigned territory comprised of strategic and non-strategic accounts, with emphasis on strategic accounts. Maintain and grow territory year over year.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell and maintain exhibit space to companies in assigned territory for all CES events via extensive customer/prospect outreach including calls, letters, emails, and in person meetings. A high level of activity is expected at all times.
- Achieve individual revenue and net square footage goals.
- Understand the forecasting, pipeline and contracting process.
- Maintain an accurate pipeline and be well prepared for weekly One-on-One meetings with Sales Director.
- Maintain clear, up-to-date records including notes and activities in CRM on all companies within sales territory.
- Spend at least 50% of time working with Strategic Accounts – understand their various lines of business, departments and subsidiaries; know the structure of the events and/or marketing department from top down (i.e. SVP down to manager); know where budget comes from and their budgeting process; know key stakeholders and decision makers and influencers. Frequent communication with strategic accounts including in person visits and communication of important CES developments. Understand their overall goals and objectives for participating in CES and help bring to fruition.
- Maintain role as key point-of-contact for strategic customers, and develop relationships that go beyond the space sale and CES; understand their relationship with CTA – including membership, committees and working groups.
- Responsible for the overall satisfaction of all accounts in territory and provide excellent customer service. This includes: Pre-Show Preparation Calls, Post-Show Calls, Floor Plan Configuration Calls, Collection Calls as well as providing operations/logistical assistance.
- Responsible for timely payments of all exhibitors in territory
- Responsible for prospecting and following up on all incoming leads in a timely manner, qualifying and entering into CRM.
- Responsible for working with Promo Ops team and VP of Sales and Business Development to develop sponsorships, write and present proposals.
- Be a team player with other departments, in providing them pertinent and timely exhibitor issues/news. Provide CTA Membership leads.
- Lead at least one marketplace which includes becoming the expert, identifying the universe, working with marketing on collateral, training the team on the USP, working alongside the Sales Director to manage the pipeline and motivate the team to sell and hit goals.
- Further knowledge of industry and personal development by participating in departmental trainings. Self-educate in current trends and key new companies/technologies in the industry.
- Other duties as required by business needs.
- This position requires 7+ years’ field sales experience, preferably in trade shows or technology related area.
- Track record of hitting (preferably exceeding) individual quota
- Experience managing a territory, including pipeline and forecasting management.
- Experience working with 25+ strategic accounts simultaneously including knowing the structure (people and titles) of events and/or marketing departments; their budgeting process; decision makers and influencers (people and departments); goals and objectives of customer; securing, preparing for and leading in meetings (in person and con calls); troubleshooting and saving accounts
- Proven experience selling sponsorship opportunities including writing and presenting proposals.
- Demonstrated success putting together territory plans and strategic account plans.
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing or related area required.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team and possess a can-do, positive attitude.
- Experience using Salesforce or another CRM, including creating and running custom reports
- Computer literacy is essential.
- Superior oral and written communication skills required.
Additional Information: This position requires overtime and travel to strategic accounts located in the assigned geographic territory.