Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers and over 80,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of more than $80 billion.
Position Title: National Account Manager - 7E
The National Account Manager is responsible for developing customer relationships and driving sales within an assigned set of national accounts, both existing and prospective. This position will focus on developing and executing complex large account sales strategies. Such strategies include building c-level relationships, working with procurement organizations, negotiating master services agreements, and developing new opportunities with multiple departments within each of the assigned accounts. The National Account Manager will understand how to develop customer-centric solutions that include complex network designs. The will also, collaborate with local sales teams to build local relationships, achieve quotas, and keep our clients satisfied and engaged with our products and services. A successful candidate will have the capability to quickly learn Crown Castle’s product set and differentiators, develop sales targets, network with peers, professionally and consistently engage with customers, and strategically close new business. A demonstrated ability to succeed in an autonomous environment is key to this role.
Essential Job Functions
- Achieves assigned sales quota in designated and new national accounts.
- Generate sales revenue by actively promoting Crown Castle products and services to assigned National Accounts.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, analysis, and insights to cultivate an account planning strategy to achieve sales goals, both with existing customers and prospect acquisition.
- Promote and manage sales campaigns targeted to increase new market share across named National Accounts delivering strong influence/selling skills across the entire sales cycle including opportunity analysis, account discovery, proposition presentation, objective handling, and offer negotiation.
- Schedule, and lead face-to-face professionally created sales presentations to cross-functional C-level executives and senior leadership, that communicate the benefits of Crown Castle’s products and services using knowledge of the customer, and the industry.
- Persist in the face of obstacles by collaborating with multiple cross-functional internal teams to design and implement effective solutions and proposals.
- Cultivate strong relationships with decision makers and influencers within accounts to drive sales while also maintaining and building customer relationships to drive customer retention.
- Work with internal teams to ensure operational efficiencies and service levels that exceed customer expectations through a strong customer service orientation with excellent follow up ensuring revenue objectives are met.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a part of a team while concurrently performing as a high achieving individual contributor with minimal supervision.
- Generate additional opportunities to drive revenue by building and maintaining relationships throughout the industry.
- Maintain timely and accurate account and opportunity information in CRM system.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts.
- Travel to National Account customer and prospects locations as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 7 or more years selling WAN and IP Technologies to Fortune 1000 Enterprise accounts
- Proven experience selling to and maintaining Fortune 1000 accounts
- Working knowledge of WDM, Ethernet, Cloud Connectivity, IP, and other Fiber Optic services
- Thorough understanding of account management and the strategic selling process
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in CRM applications
- Strong prospecting, networking and business development skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated team player capable of working on a close-knit team
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- High ethical integrity
- Knowledge of facilities-based fiber business
Reports to: Director Fiber Enterprise Sales, Regional Director Fiber Enterprise Sales, Manager Fiber Enterprise Sales
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Additional Information: N/A