The National Account Manager is responsible for delivering sales results within his/her assigned geography, or outside of their geography is registered and approved.. This individual will leverage INAP services to attain his/her assigned Business Unit sales quota including: Cloud (Agile), or Managed Hosting, Colocation, IP Services, and CDN. A successful NAM has exceptional organizational skills; written and verbal communication skills; a demonstrated ability to multi-task; and strong desire to prospect and close New Logo business. He/she is a high-intensity, ‘hunter’ with a demonstrated track record of aggressively building a funnel and translating opportunities into orders. Industry related selling experience and/or technical competency are required.
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Complete all company required training, but pro-actively seek and obtain the knowledge/capabilities to enable sales success in your market.
- Understand and articulate (orally, written, PowerPoint presentation) the company value proposition into specific customer benefits
- Build the sales funnel:
? “Cold” lead development – telesales, hosted industry events (open-houses, product demos, etc), cold-calling, follow-up marketing lead generated opportunities, etc.
? “Warm” lead development – existing account expansion, RFP response, former account recovery, etc.
- Meet/exceed sales quotas
- Identify and develop partners to accelerate sales (agents, datacenter partners, VARs, resellers, etc)
- Attend training on sales techniques, technology, presentation skills.
- Build business cases internally to ensure complex solutions are profitable
- Develop familiarity with Salesforce.com and utilize as basis for: contact management database, sales opportunity tracking, sales forecast and report generation.
- BA/BS degree required or Associates Degree with 7+ years of relevant work and industry experience.
- MBA Desired.
- 7 yrs+ outside sales experience with consistent > 100% quota attainment.
- Preferred outside sales experience in IT, Public or private cloud services, hosting and/or colocation.
- Success translating customer goals into a sales strategy to support revenue achievement
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge of financial models to ensure opportunity meets INAP goals and targets
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to overcome customers’ objections, and qualify opportunities.
- Effective stand up presentation skills
- Effective listening skills.
- Excellent written and electronic communication skills.
- Maintains professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments on sales issues.
- Demonstrates high standards of ethical conduct.
- Self starter with positive, optimistic attitude.
- Ability to develop an effective sales call plan.