The National Account Manager operates as a Distribution Manager in a key role within the Sales function and will serve as the sales lead for their designated market and territory with a focus on maximizing profitable sales growth. This includes sales management, support and training of the distributors’ sales representatives and regional sales management teams. Also responsible for working with marketing to implement key marketing programs within the distribution network todeliver key performance objectives. Additional responsibilities include developing strategic relationships across all levels of the distributors’ organization, and identifying new distributors as needed to service the markets geography.
- Lead quarterly Distributor Business Plan reviews with Preferred Distributor, where sales and sales pipeline objectives are discussed and annual action plans are developed and updated.
- Lead weekly/bi-weekly Regional Sales Manager alignment and pipeline reviews with Preferred Distributor to drive systematic growth and business development
- Using an entrepreneurial mindset, manage and deliver sales that meet or exceed annual quota.
- Set, communicate, and monitor SMART goals. Ensure that distributor is on track to meet those goals.
- Measure distributors’ performance through scorecards against growth targets/pipeline
- Use CRM to manage the prioritized pipeline (leads and opportunities), contacts, and trip reports.
- Proactively monitor and manage pipeline health. Identify and execute activities that will: increase the number of opportunities, increase average opportunity size, improve close rate, and reduce the average time to close.
- Communicate yearly sales goals and review distributors’ strategies for achieving new product sales target.
- Travel to target industry showcases to support Fusor brand “as required”
- Coordinate with LORD Marketing to develop innovative programs to grow Fusor brand
- Coordinate and prioritize LORD technical resources needed at the distributors.
- Manage distributor participation in tradeshows and industry events.
- Support sales forecasting process.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Daily interactions with distributors either face-to-face, via phone, or email with an emphasis on face-to-face.
- Own the relationship with Preferred Distributor on behalf of LORD
- Support LORD Sales organization to drive growth in OEM automotive aftermarket channels
- B.S or B.A. degree with 8-10 years of sales and/or distributor management experience.
- Competent and clear communicator of expectations and goals.
- Proven experience with indirect sales and channels of distribution. Extreme focus on activities that generate revenue. Does not attempt to resolve customer issues not related to sales, but instead leverages experts within the appropriate business function.
- Exceptionally organized and maximizes use of time.
- Demonstrates confidence and poise when communicating at any level of the customer organization.
- Is not deterred by confrontation. Remains proactive even when confronted with multiple rejections.
- Excellent prospecting skills using multiple communication forms including face-to-face, telephone, voicemail, email, and other digital tools.
- Demonstrates an ability to understand the customer’s buying process.
- Skilled at using various resources such as LinkedIn, business journals, trade shows and others to connect with influencers and decision makers at customer and their extended value chain.
- Excellent at using probing, open-ended questions during the discovery process to identify critical business needs and personal motivations for all influencers and decision makers prior to drafting a proposal.
- Develops professional proposals that are tailored to discovery outputs and stakeholders needs.
- Excellent storytelling skills. Can deliver and articulate a concise sales story to new prospects in a way that captures the customer’s attention and focuses on the needs of the customer.
- Consistently delivers price premiums through effective value proposition development and delivery.
- Proven ability to influence and lead without direct authority.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- B.S. degree in business, sales, or marketing.
- Advanced marketing or sales training.
- Proficient in using a CRM system to manage a sales pipeline.
- Experience with B2B engineered products, specifically adhesives and sealants in aftermarket.
- Knowledge of best practices in Sales, Marketing, Business Development.