Job OverviewNational Account Executive - Emerging Brands (Water, Energy, RTD Tea/Coffee), Target
The National Account Executive will lead the planning and execution of Keurig Dr Pepper's annual joint business plan at Target, aimed at supporting growth of our Emerging Brand portfolio and enabling financial goal attainment.
The ideal candidate possesses three or more years of CPG experience calling on category buyers for a national chain account. They should have experience leading a broader commercial team to design the building blocks required for attaining the AOP, interpret syndicated data to uncover new business opportunities and a track record of selling in win-win solutions to the customer. The ability to demonstrate these skills at Target would be considered a plus.
This person will report to Director of Cold Beverage for Target. Location and Travel:
This role is located Minneapolis, MN, with 30% travel. Portfolio of Brands:
Adrenaline Shoc Energy Drink
Polar Sparkling Water
- Craft strategic growth plans for our Emerging Brand portfolio at Target in tandem with the commercial organization. The key partners within the commercial organization include:
- Revenue Growth Management
- Category Management
- Day to day leader and principle point of contact and accountability for large scale DSD desk - will be accountable for the delivery of the AOP and the achievement of key KDP and Target business metrics.
- Manage the promotional process from planning and development thru execution ensuring all retailer timelines are met, deliverables executed and timely communication to all parties both internal & retailer customers.
- Develop & manage promotional plans & trade spend strategies of that desk (trade spend analysis, price pack plan modeling, and adjustments).
- Lead all customer negotiations with consideration given to Keurig Dr Pepper and customer's key priorities
- Represent the team in internal and external quarterly, semi-annual, and annual planning meetings, utilizing the network of business professionals supporting this desk (e.g. quarterly bottler/system network updates, semi-annual planning meetings, Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR's) and Joint Business Planning (JBP's), and brand planning meetings annually).
- Utilize internal, syndicated and POS data to proactively identify gaps to AOP, develop and monitor corrective action plans and report results.
- Becoming a Business Advisor- develops customer equity by proactively identifying business opportunities through a firm understanding of the customer's business and key priorities
- Sales Disposition- Demonstrates the traits, inclinations, and outlooks that characterize a successful salesperson
- Sales Negotiation- Effectively explores alternatives and positions to reach mutually beneficial sales agreements that gain customers' acceptance and commitment
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution
Experience Minimum Required:
- Minimum 3-5 years of CPG Sales or sales support experience at a national retail account.
Minimum 1 year of cross-functional experience outside of Sales (e.g., Category Management, Finance, Supply Chain, Shopper Marketing, E-Commerce)
Experience Preferred Level:
- Minimum 5 years of progressive customer management and sales leadership experience (including some people leadership)
- Minimum 2 years of cross-functional experience outside of Sales (e.g., Category Management, Finance, Supply Chain, Shopper Marketing, E-Commerce)
- Target and DSD experience a plus
Minimum Required Other Skills:
Additional Job Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years experience in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft Outlook
- High level Collaborator - works across all functions and draws business partners in for solution based outcomes
- Innovator (thought, process) - seeking new ways to drive and uncover business opportunities
- General Manager Mindset - sees the bigger picture - driven to produce results beyond the desk
- Accountable - owns the wins and losses, passes no blame, leads others through modeling self-accountability
- Strong Emotional Intelligence - projects positivity, listens intently, is others-centric minded, a mender, a builder, a resolver, and a grower
- Enabler - enables and empowers others, gives access to all elements of business to all relevant partners.
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott's® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.