Job Description & Requirements
The Retail Sales and Operations Manager is accountable for driving execution against the AWG Customer Plans to deliver Dean Foods objectives in the Northern and Southern Regions. This candidate is expected to develop multi-level, cross functional relationships within AWG, it’s members and Dean Foods.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with Dean Foods Director of National Warehouse Sales to develop, implement and execute against all DSMP objectives with AWG members.
- Develop key customer relationships with Top 20 AWG members and consistently sell against Dean Foods promotional programming
- Build a strong One Dean’s Team working relationship across the Divisional Sales Teams and Broker network
- Develop collaborative Customer Business Plans for AWG members to ensure alignment with Dean Dairies, our broker partners and customer decision-makers.
- Provide consistent direction to the Field Sales and Broker Teams. Includes conducting monthly Sales Calls to align/update the organization about customer programming, and providing compelling sales materials
- Understand and leverage Dean Foods Operational capabilities to provide superior customer service
- Be the leading resource for industry and customer specific insights to drive value with AWG HQ and its members
- Monitor, coordinate and communicate monthly against program execution and key distribution initiatives
- Conducts bi-annual Customer Business Reviews with AWG members in collaboration with appropriate Dairies.
- Plan and manage TradeBudgets to drive AWG member sales
- Provide accurate forecasts and work with Supply Chain to ensure flawless service and product availability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 7 years CPG experience in sales, marketing, or operations.
- At least 4 years directly managing complex customer relationships.
- Dairy Industry experience a major plus in addition to working within a DSD organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated personal leadership that holds self and team accountable for actions and results.
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and a willingness to build new skills.
- Must be able to define, diagnose, and resolve problems.
- Ability to have an organization-wide perspective and understand how the business operates.
- Must be a strong executor who can assist with strategy development at all levels of the organization to drive business performance.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead people through change.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
- Ability to successfully influence peers, senior leadership and our broker partners.
- Ability to recognize opportunities to simplify processes and create efficiencies.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Requisition ID 2018-6472