The National Accounts Director is Dean’s primary business representative to the Walmart and Sams Club customer across all of its formats and a key leaders within the Dean Foods Walmart Inc customer Team.
He/she will be accountable for developing and delivering against annual account plan objectives for customer(s) spanning all Business Units at Dean Foods. The person in this position will be expected to develop relationships at multiple levels across functions within their customer(s).
Job Description & Requirements
National Accounts Director is accountable for developing and delivering against annual account plan objectives for customer(s) with annual sales revenue in excess of $300m, spanning four or more groups within a trade class segment. The person in this position will be expected to develop relationships at multiple levels across functions within their customer(s).
- Directly leads one or more key customer relationships representing all Dean DSD business.
- Leads the collaborative development of account business plans and ensure alignment with Dean Dairies and customer decision-makers.
- Is accountable to deliver annual customer plan for sales and gross margin across entire Dean DSD business.
- Leads and provides direction to field sales representatives with responsibility for this customer(s).
- Becomes a leading resource on customer specific trends and insights to improve Dean DSD profitability.
- Facilitates and negotiates RFP bids in conjunction with local dairies.
- Coordinates, communicates, and monitors monthly price changes.
- Provides support to local dairies to ensure collection of outstanding balances.
- Aligns dairies to support national programs (new items/ promotions) to meet customer expectations.
- Is accountable to secure customer support on national programs.
- Conducts bi-annual customer business reviews in collaboration with appropriate dairies.
- Develops relationships with customer’s day-to-day contacts across different functions (i.e. Merchandising, A/R, category management, supply-chain) that positions Dean DSD as a preferred dairy supplier.
- Anticipates customer specific issues and resolve them by effectively involving cross-functional resources.
- May manage National Account Manager(s).
- Builds strong One Dean Team working relationships across sales teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
- Has managerial responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing employees, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred
- A minimum of 10 years consumer goods company combined experience in sales, marketing, or operations.
- At least 4 years directly managing large, complex customer relationships.
- Dairy Industry experience a major plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated personal leadership that holds self and team accountable for actions and results.
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and a willingness to build new skills.
- Must be able to define, diagnose, and resolve problems.
- Ability to have an organization-wide perspective and understand how the business operates
- Ability to understand the vision of the organization and translate it into specific plans and actions that achieve desired results
- Must be a strong executor who has the ability to assist with strategy development at all levels of the organization to drive business performance
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead people through change
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
- Ability to successfully influence peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to recruit, hire, develop, coach, and mentor talent for current and future needs
- Ability to recognize opportunities to simplify processes and create efficiencies.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Requisition ID 2018-6573