This role is managing a group of individuals focused on the development of sales and growth strategies for the Kidde Commercial Sales team to ultimately result in better than market growth. This role also directly manages the Electrical Wholesale channel. In this position, you will be accountable for:
Leading a team National Sales managers to develop growth strategies to meet/exceed sales targets across key industry verticals (Electrical Wholesale, FED, MRO, Signaling) as well as driving growth in 2-step retailers (True Value, Ace, etc.)
- Responsible for coordinating and directing the development and implementing monthly sales forecasts and providing monthly business review to VP in relation to overall plan performance.
- Evaluate and augment all markets on a quarterly basis to enhance future sales growth across all channels
Third Party Agency & Customer Management:
- Develop strategic relationships with key stakeholders at third party representative agencies to ensure Kidde corporate strategies are clearly communicated & financial goals can be met
- Build strong relationships based on trust and open communications at all levels within customer base.
- The ability to discuss sales and business issues, negotiate and resolve challenges is critical.
- Create quarterly/ annual action plans based upon territory opportunities, aligned with Kidde goals
- Customer Fundamentals: Manage current pricing, products and promotions for territory
Whitespace Expansion: Developing strategies & execution plan to address underpenetrated verticals/customers (i.e. plumbing or HVAC)
- Convey significant industry and customer developments to management. Oversee strategic engagement in and Participate in industry trade associations and trade shows.
Product Training: Overseeing the development of product training across sales channels
- BA/BS degree with 10+ years sales experience
- 5+ years of Sales Management experience is required, ideally with experience selling in the Fire Detection and Suppression industry across multiple channels.
- Team Leadership: 5+ years of experience managing & developing a field-based sales team
- Customer Relationship Management: Applicant should have the ability to work with customers to develop mutually beneficial goals, meet quota, document, communicate & execute sales strategies for the assigned territory.
- Communication: Must possess excellent verbal communication and customer service skills, along with the skill set to present product solutions to customer base.
- Strategic Thinking & Execution: 5+ years creating, managing and implementing strategic sales plans.
- Collaboration: Must be able to work in a Direct & Matrixed Team selling environment, as well as influence cross-functional teams to achieve goals
- Technology: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Responsibility for working with 3rd party sales agency to help deliver sales targets is a plus
- Internal Experience is Ideal: 5+ years in channel management/development or trade marketing
- Working knowledge of fire and building codes is a plus but not required.
- Overnight domestic travel of up to 60% may be required
- Product knowledge and application experience in Detection and Suppression products
- Willingness to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovative approach to solution selling
- Strong ability to handle difficult customer discussions while retaining ongoing business relationship