As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for developing relationships with space research payload developers, NASA’s Science Mission Directorate, NASA’s Launch Services Program, and spacecraft manufacturers to capture New Glenn launch services contracts for science, cargo, and human missions in Earth orbit, cislunar space, and deep space. As an integral member of the team, you will identify sales opportunities, engage customers, and negotiate launch services contracts. The position reports to the vice president for global sales, marketing and customer experience. We are looking for a dedicated professional who is passionate about spaceflight. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Develop and maintain relationships with NASA Science Mission Directorate and its developer base to secure launch contracts.
- Work with sales staff, technical teams and consultants on identifying market opportunities, preparing proposals and conducting competitive intelligence in the market.
- Lead pursuit of launch opportunities. Draft responses to RFPs and other solicitations.
- Develop creative offerings providing value to NASA customers.
- Work with research telescope and satellite manufacturers to shape and capture new business.
- Monitor customer and market opportunities for New Glenn launch capabilities.
- Develop strategic partnerships and teaming arrangements for NASA sales opportunities.
- Coordinate efforts with other internal company functions to ensure development of cost-effective, executable offerings.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in technical or business field
- 5+ years experience in sales, business development, capture management and/or program management
- Experience working with NASA -- HQ, SMD, Centers, FFRDC or LSP
- Familiarity with astrophysics, heliophysics, and Earth Science decadal studies
- Customer relationship management experience
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Extraordinarily high judgment, energy, creativity, standards for yourself and others
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Job ID 3376