NASA Chief Engineer
11 - 15 years experience •
CSRA has an opportunity for a Chief Engineer to support NASA in Huntsville, AL. NASA is seeking to transform the experience of end-users across the agency, through innovative approaches to provisioning and managing end user
hardware, software, and mobile devices.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation,
evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to
include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product
requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies,
requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer
requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Designs and defines information technology (IT) system architecture for
integration of multiple platforms, operating systems, and applications across the enterprise. Determines systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system
security. Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and documents the framework for integration and implementation for changes to technical standards. Assists in the development of and manages an architecture governance process. Develops and recommends corrective actions.
The selected candidate will integrate the multiple CSRA and Vendors to
determine (and keep up-to-date) a Technology Roadmap for NASA that will
determine future technologies and viable implementation dates that will enable and/or
increase the outcomes for NASA as an enterprise and as Center based
programs and users. This position will set the technology rhythm of the
enterprise and determine when and if a technology can be elevated to an
enterprise management level.
This person will also work with the ECP group to make sure all submitted
proposals meet the standards of NASA and CSRA and evaluate for incorporation into the enterprise as a service offering for more than one customer group.
This person will work with the Program Senior leadership responsible for
contract operations support functions, involving multiple, complex and
interrelated project tasks. This person will maintain and manage the customer interface at senior levels of the customer’s organization, and will meet with other customer and contractor personnel to formulate and technical solutions current and
This position will report to the Senior Program Manager for the program.
RESPONSIBILITES & DUTIES
- Meet with other customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review technical solutions current and future.
- Ensure conformance with program or project task schedules and costs
- Establish and maintain the technology roadmap for NASA.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- BS or equivalent + 10 yrs related experience, or MS + 8 yrs related experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with the management of an Enterprise IT Service Delivery and Management Program.
- Experience with the technology deployed successfully on managed Enterprise Information Systems programs, that improve outcomes including SLAs, metrics and outcomes.
- Proficient in technology development and deployment of managing activities supporting Compute Capacity Services, Unified Messaging Services, Cloud and storage offerings, Service Desk and Deskside support.
- Familiarity with the administration of firm fixed price cost-type contracts.
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
In addition to the qualifications listed above, successful candidates will have strong organizational, presentation, proposal development, oral presentation skills, and customer service skills. NASA experience a strong plus. PMP, ITIL, CMMI