NASA Center Operations Manager
11 - 15 years experience •
CSRA has opportunities for motivated, experienced IT services leaders to support NASA. NASA is seeking to transform the experience of end-users across the agency, through innovative approaches to provisioning and managing end user hardware, software, and mobile devices. CSRA is seeking experienced, senior managers to join our team in support of this purpose.
NASA Center Operations Managers (COM) positions associated with this work will be responsible for local contract operations support functions, involving multiple, complex and interrelated project tasks. Specifically; Tier II support, Refresh activities, IMAC, MDM/TEM, logistics, center customer advocate and center printer support. COMs will be responsible for managing teams of contract support personnel at one NASA center/location. COMs will maintain and manage the customer interface at senior levels of the customer’s center organization, and will meet with other customer and contractor enterprise personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items. COMs will ensure conformance with program or project task schedules and costs, and establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show the progress of projects to management and customers as required. COMs will organize and delegate responsibilities to subordinates and oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks.
This position will report to the Operations Manager for the program.
Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Reviews status of projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, clients and other stakeholders.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Maintain and manage customer interfaces at senior levels of the centers customer organization
- Meet with other center customer and enterprise contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items
- Ensure conformance with program or project task schedules and costs
- Establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show the progress of projects to management and customers as required
- Organize and delegate responsibilities to subordinates and oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- BA or BS and a minimum of 10 years of experience or MS and 8 years experience, with the management of an Enterprise IT Service Delivery and Management Program.
- ITIL Foundation or higher Certification
- PMP Certification
- Experience with the management, manpower utilization, and supervision of employees (including subcontractors) of various labor categories and skills in projects similar in size and scope; has successfully managed Enterprise Information Systems programs
- Proficient in managing activities supporting Tier II, Refresh, IMAC, MDM/TEM, Logistics, Printer Support, Customer Advocate, Service Desk and Deskside support.
- Familiarity with the administration of firm fixed price cost-type contracts.
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
In addition to the qualifications listed above, successful candidates will have strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills. NASA experience a strong plus. CMMI, Six Sigma, Lean.