NAM DevOps Transformation Brief Description of the Organization
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve.
Citi's Global Consumer Bank (GCB) is building a purpose-driven team to serve its globally diverse, digitally forward customers in top cities around the world. We're looking for exceptional candidates who think digitally and differently, resolve problems in unconventional ways and strive to provide a remarkable experience for our clients. We define success by our Citi Leadership Standards: Develops our People, Drives Value for Clients, Works as a Partner, Champions Progress, Lives our Values and Delivers Results.Overview of the Role
The NAM DevOps Transformation leader is an engineering-oriented leadership position that will be responsible for Development Operations across NAM Core and NAM Digital estate. This position will also be responsible for DevOps Transformation with focus on environment engineering and operations automation including ephemeral environments to ensure friction-less developer experience with self-service capabilities. This leader will ensure true DevOps and SRE principles are implemented within NAM Global Consumer Technology and related applications to achieve best in class time to market, quality and cost to enable competitive advantage for Citi. In addition, this leader fosters global teamwork and collaboration, and develops world-class technical engineering and operational capabilities and a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism and excellence.
This position will be leading direct engineering resources (employees and consultants) and matrixed engineering enablement resources (employees and consultants) in effectively transforming how GCT NAM delivers software to production. This position is a critical strategic role that will partner closely with Regional Heads of Technology and Senior Application Development Leaders to execute a DevOps transformation strategy.Objective
Drive purposeful thought leadership, strategy and execution for GCT's Development Operations, Automation and Environment Engineering organization. Identify and scale solutions to enhance environment engineering capabilities, implement operations automation including ephemeral environments, partner with Technology leaders to ensure friction-less developer experience with self-service capabilities and improved operational excellence, and implement DevOps and SRE principles. A strong focus is required on implementation and adopt DevOps as a culture and transform the organization. Requires a "renaissance" leader with an entrepreneurial mindset, able to influence change at all levels of the organization to achieve results.Priorities Include:
Organizational Scope and Accountability
- Develop and manage a Development Operations and Environment Engineering function to provide services needed by GCB's application development organization to facilitate their delivery of business and customer functionality in a timely manner, catering especially to the time-sensitive development activities in the hi-speed hybrid cloud digital/mobile area, providing services to Citi's 200MM customer base.
- Lead and manage DevOps transformation with focus on Environment engineering and operations automation including ephemeral environments to ensure friction-less developer experience with self-service capabilities.
- Partner with multiple engineering enablement teams (Application Development, QA, Performance, Security, Production Management) to implement environment operations automation and adoption of self-service automation capabilities and ensure platforms are designed, built and operated in line with best in class operational excellence.
- Develop and manage an Environment Operations Automation practice that documents, optimizes and mechanizes the application release process, including the corresponding application ecosystem deployments, to deliver products in increased speed/time to market at best in class cost, while minimizing risk to the firm.
- Develop and manage a Cloud Onboarding practice that, in partnership with other engineering and architecture teams, assists development teams in the accelerated adoption of cloud technologies and associated CI/CD tools & methodologies.
- Define and own availability, performance and demand management SLAs for GCB's Development Platforms, Tools and Shared Utility services, ensuring that the SLAs are aligned to business expectations. These platforms include PCF, Distributed Cache, Containers, Cloud Messaging, APIM, RLM, Jenkins, etc.
- Participate in application and technology projects from conception to implementation to influence use of telemetry and observability across the stack.
- Manage intricate, regional expense and recoveries budget with assets under management with cross-functional dependencies.
- Lead engagement of partner organizations including CTI in the development of roadmaps and alignment of priorities and timing that enable and support bi-modal speed architectures such as heritage and hi-speed hybrid cloud digital/mobile allowing for improved developer efficiency for the development community and faster time to market for GCB products and services.
- Engagement of key business stakeholders in the CIO organizations to ensure strategic alignment and clarity and support of business priorities, proactive escalation on project delivery and/or operational issues and risks and education/communication on technology innovation, strategy and roadmap and the implications/opportunities for our business.
- Thought leadership with respect to the key Cloud and DevOps enabling technologies, tools and practices adopted across GCT and their evolution towards a world-class standard of technology and process maturity and efficiency.
- Maintain and apply a broad and current industry perspective on technology trends/opportunities, leading practices and our position/capability/performance relative to direct competitors and parallel industries/organizations.
- Ensure all regulatory, compliance and internal control requirements are met; while maintaining a measured view of risk affecting all areas of responsibility and structured and visible plans for mitigation of the risk.
- Develop and implement best-in-class processes, metrics and practices.
- Recruitment and development of high performing talent; development of a learning environment; demonstrating teamwork, respect and collaboration across the GCT, CTI and other partner organizations and fostering a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism and excellence.
- Provide leadership, development opportunities, performance management, development and succession-planning, staff communications, and positive interactive working environment to ensure the highest productivity and employee engagement.
- Strong interaction with Technology teams. Represent GCT on key Senior Management forums at Regional and Global levels.
- Provide vision, leadership and direction for DevOps across GCT. Serve as the global voice to gain alignment on and drive execution of strategy. Ensure organizational effectiveness/accountability, global optimizations, and superior products / services within an environment of continuous learning & growth.
- Champion an inclusive and diverse global mindset in order to attract a deep and diverse talent pool within the organization that includes effective coaching and development.
- Evaluate opportunities and enable measurable improvements quickly and best utilize resources, while building an automation roadmap that matches strategy and direction. Effectively scale regional solutions globally where appropriate.
- Manage best-in-class quality and simplification methodology and governance of process management.
- Partner with senior engineers and engineering managers to develop best practices.
- Establish and maintain a high performing, open culture based on integrity and strong partnership and financial responsibility.
Bachelor of Engineering degree or other related or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
- 15+ years relevant work experience, including experience leading large, cross-functional teams across system operations and engineering and program management.
- Experience running large highly skilled technology teams on a global basis.
- A proven track record in leading strategic change in a complex environment to create sustainable improvement in service, cost, productivity, maturity and/or risk.
- Experience in operational leadership of application and/or infrastructure technology and a track-record for world-class performance and continuous improvement.
- Experience in current technologies/practices including SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, micro-services, RESTful API's, DevOps/CI/CD and process automation.
- Proven ability to develop and sustain a high performing team and a culture of innovation, commercial savvy and excellence.
- Commercially savvy and experienced in formulating and executing innovative commercial arrangements for products and/or services.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and proven ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels within an organization.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results oriented.
- Capability to define a well thought out organizational strategy and execute on an associated operational plan.
- Exceptional strategic analysis, problem solving, issue resolution and decision-making skills.
- Leadership skills: individual leadership, change leadership, mentorship, motivation, coaching and development, and the ability to galvanize the support of others where possible.
- Ability to manage senior staff as well as manage staff remotely across multiple locations, time zones and cultures.
- Demonstrated track record and ability to influence external organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team of executives for common purpose.
- Collaborative and team player, ensuring overall business success.
- Strong talent focus and ability to successfully recruit and develop experts from leading organizations across the globe.
- Ability to communicate a compelling vision and inspire others to deliver on an ambitious, complex, global roadmap.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels within an organization, from the most technical engineer to the savvy business / executive leader.
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and understanding of risk & regulatory process, as well as outstanding communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analysis and Troubleshooting skills in complex distribution platform systems.
- Cloud platforms system engineering experience
- Strong Architectural concepts knowledge on Cloud Computing and software development lifecycle.
- Experience with Cloud technology: Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of security and vulnerability assessment processes
- Be creative, energetic and passionate, driven by the desire to achieve a world-class standard of performance and exceptional customer experience.
- Be an intelligent risk taker, someone who challenges the status quo, operates across boundaries and seeks win-win outcomes.
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and the confidence and conviction to live and uphold the values of Citi.
- Be decisive and balanced in decision making; balancing strategic vs. tactical and risk vs. cost vs. speed to arrive at pragmatic and sustainable solutions.
- Span boundaries to draw into Citi the best possible insight, experience and technology capability from current and potential partner organizations.
- Be disciplined in execution; retaining tight governance over multiple dimensions of performance; ensuring commitments are understood and met.
- Be an outstanding leader of people able to create a compelling vision and deeply engage, inspire and motivate people to achieve beyond their own expectations.
- Strong stakeholder and internal client focus.
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels of an IT organization.
- Pragmatic problem solver, applying judgment and experience to balance trade-offs between competing interests. You are flexible, adapting your approach to meet the needs of the organization.
- Play a significant role in the career development of others.
- Capable of driving change across a large global organization through thoughtful planning, building productive relationships and ensuring accountability.
- Able to understand organization's goals, capabilities and gaps to gain alignment on a successful strategy.
- Builds talent and develops teams including celebrating excellence, initiative and courage; actively looks to recruit highest level talent.
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
Systems & Engineering
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the "EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting