The NBC News Production Engineering Maintenance department is responsible for systems and processes supporting News operations and production for our global NBC brands. With central operations located in New York, NY, the team focus is on building, supporting and maintaining broadcast equipment. The range of responsibilities covers ingest, editing, transcoding, archives and playout to air for news, entertainment, sports, special events and day-to-day production. Responsibilities Include:
• Candidate must have 2+ years of system maintenance experience with proven expertise in media and systems support
• Must be willing to work in New York, New York
• A keen sense of self-discovery and self-motivated initiative
• Experience supporting Windows Server/Client OS
• Experience with modern television production methods and equipment
• Must have system level trouble shooting knowledge of broadcast hardware & software or equivalent
• Willingness to work overtime and/or extended shifts, on weekdays or weekends with short notice
• Able to travel occasionally for offsite upgrades, training and professional development opportunities
• Must be able to lift equipment packages weighing up to 70 pounds
• Ability to support customers in a courteous, respectful manner
• This Position is a NABET Local 11 Union employment if not already a member
• Familiarity with broadcast production, workflows, or video productions systems, including knowledge of non-liner editing tools (particularly Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premier and EVS) and media asset management tools.
• A degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, System Integration, or relevant technical disciplines and certifications from an accredited technical training institution
• Experience with server/client virtualization protocols
• Working knowledge of HD video and audio signal manipulation, and signal routing as well as transcoding systems design, configuration, and management
• Work with vendors on API implementation and troubleshooting, suggesting necessary features and identifying enhancement opportunities.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Basic understanding of automated metadata management and media delivery capabilities.
• Strong desire to learn and cross-train in new technologies and passion to maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, working independently and as part of a team in a collaborative manner
• Basic understanding of machine learning concepts and practices
• Demonstrate strong skills in the areas of analysis, organization and escalation
• Excellent communication skills, with a cool levelheaded approach
• Able to clearly & succinctly communicate actions and/or next steps