The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for development of integrated, executable software that supports Ride Performance products that meet the needs of the market, customer, business, and operations. This team is responsible for executing this development with discipline in order to minimize the time to market and operational expenses.
Leader will be responsible for Software Engineering activities for all Product Lines. Travelrequired by this position is approximately 35%.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Team Development
- Establish control systems functional expertise for damping products and suspensions systems
- Develop standardized training material for the software engineering
- Establish an annual global status review & GAP Analysis
- Complete annual SWOT
- Complete annual skills assessment
- Complete the annual maturity model
- Hiring plan to close gaps in capability and capacity
- Own Succession planning for the team
- Develop future leaders for the Electronic Control Systems team
- Drive improvements in engineering execution through team development
- Drive structured problem solving through training and standardized tool utilization
- Create DFMEAEngineeringCulture
- Support Product Line Engineers with SFMEA and DFMEA events relative to application specific electronic control system DFMEA’s
- Support damper system and component DFMEA’s relative to electronic control systems
- Support functional safety analysis
- Create Design Review Culture
- Support Product Line specific design reviews relative to the control systems
- Support Systems Engineering, Electronic Systems and Algorithm Development teams in the establishment and review of requirements documentation
- Establish the Home Room for Control Systems Team
- Establish and maintain common processes used by Global Software Engineering team that continually ensure quality and increase efficiencies
- Own the Global Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) process.
- Own the software requirements and architecture.
- Forecasts operating costs of department and directs preparation of budget requests
- Own software architecture for demonstration vehicles
- Support execution of global DTV/DTC activities related to software
- Own theEngineering Execution Processes, Procedures, and Tools for Global CoreEngineering
- Own standardized objective measurements system and documentation
- Own the software requirements documentation (Software Requirement Document, Software Design Document, etc.) for Product Line’s
- Support the annual vehicle benchmarking plan for systems with Ride evaluation when required
- Drive year over year operational efficiency improvements to the Engineering factory via KPI’s
- Collaborate with Product Line Engineers, Systems Engineers, Electrical System Engineers, and Simulation Engineers in the development of Products that meet the needs of the Market segment, our Customers, and Tenneco
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure safety of self and others
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering, Software Engineer or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years' automotive engineeringexperience with at least 3 years’ supervisory experience
- Minimum 7 years' experience in development, test, or operations: e.g. sensor integration; Product Test Engineer; Production Engineer, Quality Engineer, Planning, Production - or Plant Management.
- Global/International program experience, India
- Previous background in Manufacturing functions in fields related to divisional products
- Global/International program experience
- Tome background in Logistics, Planning, or Management
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Focus – for all groups within Tenneco, OE Vehicle Manufacturers, and final customer
- Expert in Model Based Design (MBD) development process , embedded software development process
- Expert in Software Requirements Analysis, Software Architecture / Design / Implementation adhering to Automotive SPICE, CMMI or other models of software development processes.
- Very strong knowledge of Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow and Embedded Coder for auto code generation and testing.
- Expert in software for microcontrollers using Matlab/Simulink, C/C++, compilers, debuggers.
- Knowledge of automotive network protocols.
- Experience with AUTOSAR, ISO26262 and cyber-security
- Expert in customer communication and relationship building
- Expert in internal customer communication
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Team Work - Balances Team and individual responsibilities
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity
- Proficient in written & verbal communication skills; primary English with working knowledge of European, Asian, & Romanic languages.
Tracking Code 178416-846