For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Samsung's Wireless Networks team is the place to be! The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers with innovative technology and market-leading products and solutions in areas like 5G. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.Role and ResponsibilitiesSpecific responsibilities include:
Skills and QualificationsBackground & Competencies Required:
- End-to-end responsibilities to ensure 4G and 5G products (4G DU, 5G RU, 5G DU, CBRS RRHs, DCM, LSM, vLSM, USM, vDCM, and vCU) are 100% compliance with customer's network design
- Responsible for 4G/5G KPI development, field integration/first application test plan development, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions for parameter lockdown and feature overview
- Support multi-vendor activities for several aspects of the project
- Ensure overall project plans meet the customer's contractual obligation and quality control deliverables are consistent with contractual SLAs, and service deliverables are fully met
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases and 3rd party product evaluation to build product synergies across all product elements
- Collaborate with our HQ development lead to ensure customer product requirements and/or performance are in compliance
- Overall end-to-end responsibility to analyze the customer requirements, converting them into system requirements and capturing of detail design for the development team
- Provide Tier3 support for any feature/performance related escalations, and will drive HQ development teams to resolution
- Provide support across functional teams like RF Engineering and Customer Account Teams (CAT) on solution deliverables, including addressing road-blocks
- Travel to the customer and field locations will occur as necessary to perform job functions: up to 25%
Necessary Skills and attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; Advanced degree is beneficial
- 6+ years' of professional experience in wireless engineering
- Solid understanding all technical problems in 4G LTE and 5G (a plus)
- Successful track record defining direction and providing specific instruction for engineering projects/programs leveraging personal knowledge and organizational skills to increase team efficiency, facilitate personal development and mentor colleagues
- Demonstrated research and problem solving skills via prior work experience. Experience with wireless infrastructure provider and/or operator is desired
- A solid understanding of RF fundamentals and data network protocols
- Strong technical knowledge of CDMA/EVDO and LTE/Volte technologies
- Must have a strong work ethic, integrity and work extremely well in a team environment
- Must have an aptitude for creativity and innovation
- Advanced working knowledge of Base Station Vendor equipment (Samsung, Alcatel Lucent, Ericsson)
- Proven ability to conduct deep technical discussions with team members with a successful outcome
- Hands on analysis of network performance issues (i.e. air interface, call processing, etc.) and creating solutions to meet network optimization expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate key technical concepts, ability to package complex ideas into logical, easy-to-follow progressions
- Ability to adapt to changes in a dynamic business environment, support management initiatives, and guide other engineers
- Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions and results
- Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels within customer's organizations. The ability to negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership, directors and managers with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple strategic programs and simultaneous performance objectives. The ability to write, read, interpret, explain and act based on a thorough understanding of technical documents, engineering materials and contracts or related documents. Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, including complex business and technical matters to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to support a cross-functional Samsung team to achieve customer contracted objectives and specific team goals within established time frames and requirements. Assist in and if needed direct the Samsung team in lab and field trials related to introduction of products sold to the customer.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC's, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
* Please visit Samsung membership
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.