We are looking for MySQL / MariaDB DBA for our client in Orlando, FL
Job Title: MySQL / MariaDB DBA
Job Location: Orlando, FL
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- Manages and maintains all production and non-production databases across multiple complex MySQL/MariaDB DBMS implementations.
- Sets standards and is responsible for design, creation, and monitoring of physical data storage, maintenance, access requests and security administration.
- Performs backup and recovery on Database Management Systems, configures database parameters and prototype designs against logical data models, defines data repository requirements, data dictionaries and warehousing requirements.
- This position optimizes database access and allocates or re-allocates database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost.
- Actively monitors existing databases to determine appropriate preventive actions to ensure high availability and optimal performance. Understands the business drivers for multiple business units and ensures the database platform is appropriate to the business use.
- Researches new technology and develops business cases to support enteric-wide database solutions.
- Works independently within a team, provides general direction with occasional work product reviews, Accountable for quality, completeness, and on-time delivery of own work products.
- Minimum 4 years' relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Develop, manage and test database back-up and recovery plans for complex initiatives.
- Install new applications and customize existing applications to be fit for purpose.
- Recommend the appropriate database platform for the business use. Proactively monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Apply company policies and procedures to resolve complex issues.
- Estimate efforts for assigned projects anticipating interactions across more than one team.
- In depth knowledge of database concepts, designs, and architectures within multiple technologies.
- 5+ experience with MySQL and 3+ years' experience with MariaDB.
- Experience with AWS (3 yrs.) components such as EC2, S3, RDS, Security Groups, Route 53, VPC in cloud infrastructure
- Bench marking, profiling queries to see where the time being spent.
- 3 + years' experience using Jenkins, GitHub and Teraform.
- Experience with MySQL slap benchmark tool (3 years) to see MySQL performance
- Experience with MonYog monitoring (3 years) and performance tuning
- Experience with Percona Toolkit (5 years)