Engineer the database infrastructure that supports the largest payments company in the world!
At Core Data Platforms, we’re looking for database engineers who want to get their hands dirty building and maintaining the infrastructure that supports ~220 million active user accounts, ~19 million merchants and $130+ billion dollars in total payment volume last quarter, while delivering five nines of uptime. The Database team is responsible for fulfilling all database infrastructure needs of PayPal site. This includes database builds, systems support, storage engineering and site operations. We support and maintain cutting edge database use cases and operate at massive scale – it’s a job like no other!
The role we’re looking to fill is that of MySQL expert, ready to take their career to the next level by working in our dynamic and challenging environment. You’ll provide technical strength in MySQL, while having the opportunity to learn cutting edge technologies like Mongo, Cassandra, Aerospike and Couchbase along with Oracle RDBMS and Goldengate.
Candidates should have strong technical skills and passion for infrastructure engineering. Systems or storage administration experience is a plus. Strong Shell, Perl, and Python scriptingexperience highly desirable.
- Install, upgrade and support MySQL databases.
- Triage and resolve any issues with replication, backup, recovery, slow queries.
- Automate DBA tasks and enable self-service functionality for internal customers.
- Collaborate with DEV partners on triaging and optimizing queries and overall database performance.
- Architectural guidance and supportdatabase migrations from on-prem to cloud.
- Evaluate and benchmark HA solutions like PXC
- MySQL DBA with 5+ years of industry experience on administering databases at scale.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge in building, operating and scaling MySQL systems.
- Proficient in at least one of the scriptinglanguage (Shell/Perl/Python).
- Demonstrated experience in administering MySQL at scale
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.