We are looking for ?My SQL DBA for our client in ?Cary, NC
Job Title: ?My SQL DBA
Job Location: ?Cary, NC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 7-9 Years of relevant experience.
- Should be able to L3 Level of activities
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong experience in Database Administration in MySQL (version 5.6 & 5.7 )
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues,
- Slave replication issues, backup & recovery issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization and related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot MySQL related Waits, CPU,memory,I/O, disk space
- and other resource contention.
- Strong work experience on Slave Replication.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching.
- Ability to work with others groups to design and implement distributed MySQL architecture that will support performance and scalability needs.
- Actively administered several production MySQL servers in a high-traffic and distributed OLTP environment, with a mix of masters and slaves replication.
- Strong knowledge and experiences in setting up and administering MySQL replication.
- Strong knowledge of MySQL backup, recovery and upgrade procedures.
- Help identify slow queries and suggesting alternatives.Basic knowledge of MySQL performance tuning at the MySQL server configuration level as well as SQL tuning.
- Have written moderately complex Linux/Unix shell scripts utilizing bult-in shell variables, regular expressions, conditional expressions, functions.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix tools.Experience setting up and managing No-SQL databases like MongoDB.
- Experience with MySQL monitoring tools
- Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
- Good working knowledge of MS OFFICE (Including MS Project and Visio).
- Abiding by Change Management, Incident management and Problem Management procedures, including complying with the Service Level Agreements
- Act on Day to Day House Keeping tasks by using tools & scripts
- To able to perform in 24 x 7 Environment in shift roaster
- To able to attend calls on-call basis whenever assigned
- Create regular reports for Management requirements.
- Good experience working on ticketing tools like Service Now, Remedy, and HP-Openview etc.
- Good documentation skill to document the day-to- day events for tracking and review, process documentation, Preparing SOP (Service Operation Procedure) documents, Creating and maintaining technical knowledge base