VoyaInvestment Management (Voya IM) is a leading activeasset management firm. As of June30,2017, Voya IM manages approximately $224 billion* for affiliated and external institutions as well as individualinvestors. Drawing on over40years ofexperience and an ongoing commitment to reliableinvesting, Voya IM has the resources and expertise to help long-terminvestors achieve stronginvestment results.
In the role of Mutual Funds Accounting and Reporting Supervisor, the applicant would be responsible for, but not limited to:
- The review of Quarterly, Semi-Annual and Annual Reports in addition to monthly expense budgeting and reimbursement analysis.
- The role would require training and managing of Funds analysts in the preparation of the financial statements as well as other job related responsibilities including analysis of monthly expense accruals and reimbursement/recoupment of fees and processing of monthly asset-based fees.
- The Supervisor would be directly responsible for interacting with external auditors to provide support and offer clarification during audits and for preparing and completing quarterly annual subsidy projections to be shared with senior management.
- Information will also be provided to other business units as needed to complete Prospectuses, Statements of Additional Information, subsidy projections, and other complex projects such as new fund launches, fund conversions, and fund mergers.
- A minimum of 5-7years of accounting experience. Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred. Mutual Fund or Financial Services industry experience is a definite plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in either accounting or financerequired. We would like a very detail oriented individual, with great organizational skills and the ability to function in a very dynamic environment.
- You have the ability to motivate staff to accomplish tasks assigned to them and can provide mentorship on resolution of issues and to properly train and develop staff as needed.
- You also should have strong written and verbal communication skills combined with strong analytical skills.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.