Mutual Fund Administration Senior Accounting Analyst
Purpose of Job
The Mutual Fund Senior Accounting Analyst is a member of the Mutual Fund Administration team and will work closely with other team members in overseeing the work related to 1940 Act mutual funds, including reviewing regulatory reports, oversight of accounting agent, researching and disclosing new accounting pronouncements, and other related projects. Serves as a mentor to peers and team members and performs complex work assignments and problem resolution to support organizational accounting processes through one or more of the following activities: journal entries, account reconciliations, General Ledger maintenance, financial statement production, audit support and coordination, reporting and analysis, and/or portfolio administration.
We are currently seeking talented Mutual Fund Administration Sr. Accounting Analyst for our San Antonio, TX facility.
- Leads complex level accounting, analysis, reconciliations and research. Guides and oversees team members and accounting processes.
- Leads complex level financial, management and regulatory reporting and related audit support. Guides and oversees team members and reporting processes.
- Plans and prioritizes maintenance and development of processes, procedures, tools and resources. Serves as an advisor to management and subject matter expert. Facilitates relationships with business partners.
- Facilitates and reviews internal controls to ensure an effective and efficient financial system.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or CPA designation
- 6+ years of Mutual Fund financial / accounting / analysis or relevant work experience
- Proficiency in applicable Microsoft Office applications
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis
- Advanced knowledge of relevant technical (accounting) discipline.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience in all aspects of mutual funds from an investment, operational, regulatory, taxation, and financialreporting perspective
- Understanding of internal control procedures, particularly in the areas of impacts to the NAV calculation and financialreporting
- Knowledge of Registered Investment Company reporting requirements, SEC regulations, US GAAP, and financialreporting
- Experience in developing innovative approaches to address business problems and solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of data extraction techniques and applications.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Excel and Access (e.g. VBA, SQL, use of pivot tables & V&H-lookups)
- Familiar with mutual fund back and middle office systems such as FundSuite, CRIM's, Bloomberg
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Job Number: R0013604