The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.
The Mutual Fund Accounts Payable Manager will be part of the Fund Administration team and will oversee the Accounts Payable team responsible for all aspects of the mutual fund accounts payable processes, including payment processing, managing vendor aging reports, account reconciliation, 1099 reporting, vendor setup and due diligence, as well as maintaining internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Oversee and lead the Accounts Payable team and all related operations within fund administration to ensure services are timely, accurate and of high quality
- Oversee the preparation and processing of mutual fund contractual fee and invoice payments, ensuring the necessary authorizations are obtained and reports distributed to appropriate parties for payment and recording
- Review the work of Accounts Payable associates, providing corrections and feedback as necessary with tact and diplomacy
- Assist with optimizing operations, development of controls, recommending and documenting Accounts Payable policies
- Assist Accounts Payable associates with investigating and resolving problems associated with the timely processing of invoice payments
- Review, analyze and assist in the collection of financial data in order to review or perform some or all of the following accounting processes: reconcile payment data, monitor expense ratios, prepare accounting ledger entries, monitor variances and identify trends
- Provide initial onboarding and on-going training for all Accounts Payable associates
- Provide support and coverage, as necessary, for the allocation of duties, resources and oversight of day to day team deadlines and operations
- Promote, build, and maintain successful and positive working relationships with clients, co-workers, vendors and other functional areas
- Managerial responsibilities, including hiring, conducting performance appraisals, career planning and administering disciplinary actions
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, accounting related field or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years in mutual fund accounting or administration, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years supervisory experience; demonstrated experience in leading teams of professionals, staff development, coaching and performance assessments
- Strong management, development and leadership skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up, analytical acumen and excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple and competing priorities
- Communicates effectively verbally and in written formats, with internal and external business partners while tailoring content and approach to the intended audience
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot, research, and resolve various issues pertaining to multiple areas