Municipal Water / Wastewater Project Manager
Burns & McDonnell’s rapidly growing Water Practice is in search of a Municipal Water/Wastewater Project Manager. Our passion started with water. Our water solutions evolve with the ever-changing needs of communities everywhere. Burns & McDonnell strives to create amazing success for our clients and amazing careers for our employee-owners. We are 100 percent employee-owned and proud to be on FORTUNE’s 2018 list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, along with numerous regional workplace and industry honors. We are looking for highly driven employee owners who have excellent client interaction skills and can manage and lead planning and design teams for medium to large water and wastewater projects. In this position, you will manage everything from medium to multi-million dollar water, distribution, and wastewater treatment projects. At Burns & McDonnell we go where you need us, near or far. This Project Manager role will be no different and will work on projects across the U.S. to connect clients to the services they need for a successful project. Responsibilities:
- Directs and coordinates water/wastewater activities of several disciplines on everything from major projects to projects of moderate scope or a combination of smaller projects.
- Work with a multi-discipline team of engineers and technicians in the design of municipal water and wastewater treatment facilities as well as the contractors and construction staff on design/build projects.
- Understands and applies conventional and advanced treatment technologies to solve complex water quality challenges for clients throughout the United States.
- Client development, maintenance, and management; contract preparation and negotiation; coordination with regulatory agencies; project planning, budgeting, and scheduling; and the establishment of critical project objectives and performances.
- Plans, organizes, and communicates project personnel needs to department management.
- Mentors less experienced staff and serves as a leader.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field from an accredited curriculum. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum seven (7) years related experience in the design and construction of municipal water or wastewater treatment facilities, including three (3) or more years managing medium to large-sized water/wastewater projects with full responsibility for budget, schedule, contractual obligations, client service, and quality standards.
- This position requires a self-driven individual with municipal water or wastewater process and plant facilities background and the willingness to take on new challenges.
- If drinking water focused background, a demonstrated ability in both conventional filtration as well as membrane filtration. In addition, candidate needs experience in hydraulics, chemical feed systems, alternate disinfection systems, advanced oxidation, and residuals handling.
- If wastewater focused background, a demonstrated experience and knowledge in preliminary treatment, primary treatment, biological treatment (including BNR), disinfection, hydraulics, and solids processing and handling.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Existing relationships with local and statewide municipal and private clients.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to a broad area of assignments.
- Candidate must be capable of devising new approaches to solve complex problems.
- Previous consulting experience.
- Professional engineer license or the ability to obtain within the first six (6) months is required.