• Review of land development ordinances and applicable agency regulations to determine land development limitations for the property.
• Municipal Engineering, including design of capital improvement projects, grant work, planning & zoning application reviews.
• Site Investigation & Due Diligence includes the review of ordinances, utility service research, outside agency regulations and site visits to establish comprehensive development guidelines.
• Preparation of construction plans and specifications, public bid documents, construction cost estimates, and associated construction documents.
• Ability to evaluate public work issues in municipalities.
• Knowledge of stormwater management design and regulations including County, SCD and governing municipalities in NJ.
• Grading Design to ensure value engineering is achieved through earthwork analysis, and site safety is accomplished through the use of appropriate design slopes.
• Design of Utility Systems including stormwater conveyance, sanitary sewer service, park & recreation, etc. Also involves determination and resolution of vertical and horizontal utility conflicts that may exist.
• Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Design including stability calculations, Best Management Practices, swale design, spillway design, and determination of construction sequence.
• Preparation of Construction Cost Estimates based upon site plan drawings as required for bonding and client purposes.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
• Minimum 5-10 years of municipal engineering/capital project design.
• PE preferred or EIT on path to a PE
• Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D Preferred.
• Experience managing and supervising the work efforts of assigned staff regarding scope, schedule, quality and budget of projects.
• Ability to track and oversee multiple projects.
• Effective written and communication skills.
• Self-Starter who can work independently with team members.