WSP is currently seeking a Municipal Engineer to join our Infrastructure team, located at our Summerside office. Reporting to the Supervisor this position will be responsible for the preparation of engineering reports, documents, and drawings involving the planning, analysis and design of Municipal infrastructure projects.
- Design of linear infrastructure and land development projects
- Coordinate the preparation of drawings required for approvals, prepare development and construction cost estimates;
- Contribute to the cost effective, proper and timely production of engineering designs, that meet all client and approval agency requirements and standards;
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved;
- Provide construction support and/or administration for municipal projects as required;
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to CAD operators and junior technical staff;
- Provide Quality Management by ensuring quality procedures are followed for drawings and reports;
- Develop and maintain ongoing client relationships;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- 5+ years’ experience in the design of municipal infrastructure and/or transportation projects;
- Municipal engineering background (land development, municipal road reconstructions, multidiscipline);
- P.Eng. designation in Prince Edward Island a must;
- Experience in engineering consulting will be considered an asset;
- Self-starter, attention to details and ability to work independently;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).