A large bank seeks a Compliance manager to be responsible for their Municipal bonds, banking and markets business.
The Muni Bonds Compliance Manager will be involved with the following:
- Provide real time advice and counsel to the sales persons, traders, and investment bankers within the Municipal Banking and Markets Line of business with respect to compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Maintain and communicate regulatory changes, advising and directing business leaders to ensure that regulatory requirements are addressed in their respective procedures and controls so that their day to day activities operate in a compliant manner.
- Engage other compliance officers, Enterprise Areas of Coverage roles, and horizontal function roles to provide oversight of Front Line Unit (“FLU”) and Control Function (“CF”) activities.
- Conduct compliance risk assessments of Front Line Unit or Control Function.
- Contribute to monitoring and testing coverage plans and related metrics for Front Line Unit or Control Function.
- Monitor and test the effectiveness of the front line unit and control function compliance risk controls.
- Identify aggregate, report and escalate compliance risks, issues and control enhancements.
- Executes governance and management routines.
- Identify compliance training needs, provide subject matter expertise to support development of training curriculum, and inspect FLU/CF and third party participation.
- Assist business leaders in preparations for regulatory exams and audits for FLU/CF and related Enterprise Areas of Coverage.
- Inspect that commitments made regarding actions in response to Matters Requiring Attention (“MRAs”) and other actions are completed.
- Escalate regulatory relations concerns to Compliance Executive.
The Compliance Manager reviews team deliverables to support consistent quality of activities, processes and outputs.
This role may contribute as a manager responsible for providing leadership direction to attract, assess, develop, motivate and retain a small team, or may act as an individual contributor. This role may have Money Laundering Reporting Officer responsibilities.
Minimum 7years compliance or municipal securities regulatory experience with a Municipal broker dealer or regulator
Solid understanding of MSRB / FINRA Rules
Experience with Municipal bonds and derivatives
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, requires interaction with senior management
Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Additional degrees, licenses, or experience a plus
Experience in Financial Services or similarly regulated sector