Sierra Lobo, offers customers a full range of professional and technical capabilities, including Test and Evaluation, Systems Engineering, and Advanced Technologies. We also develop products and processes related to Cryogenic Fluid and Thermal Management Systems, Densified Propellant Management Systems, and Prototype Extreme Pressure and Temperature Systems. Our customers include the Department of Defense (DoD), the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, Missile Defense Agency (MDA), and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
This position is located at our Milan Ohio facility.
FUNCTION OF POSITION
Creatively apply analytical engineering abilities combined with knowledge of fundamental Electronics Engineering principles to wide variety of projects. Use a self-sufficient and hands-on approach to advance designs from concept to low-rate initial production. Interface with technical peers within customer organizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the analysis, design, prototyping and production of digital, mixed-signal, high speed and power systems and subsystems found in the Aerospace industry.
Support projects having a wide range of complexity, from simple breadboard prototypes up to and including development of hardware for Space Flight.
Support customers both inside and outside of the company.
Provide occasional Electrical Engineering support to other SLI business segments when needed.
Support business development activities associated with new and existing products, services and contracts. Less than 10% travel within the continental US will be required.
- The successful applicant will possess a BS or higher degree (granted by an ABET-accredited university) in Electrical Engineering or a sufficiently-relevant Engineering discipline.
- Specialized coursework and/or hands-on experience with FPGA development using VHDL or Verilog is preferred.
- Academic or professional exposure to schematic capture and PCB layout software tools is preferred.
- Academic or professional exposure to Digital Design topics such as Signal Integrity and Power Integrity is preferred.
- Academic or professional experience using C (or equivalent) for embedded processor software application development is preferred.
- Basic laboratory skills in support of electronic prototype development.
- Use of common tools such as multimeters, oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- The ability to perform microscope-assisted hand soldering of 0603 SMT and larger components is highly desireable.US Citizenship is required.
- The ability to qualify for a Secret (or higher) Clearance at a future date is desireable.
Job ID 2018-1765