THE MULTICULTURAL INSIGHT LEADER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
1. Insight Development
- Gathers insights of all multicultural consumer segments(existing and emerging)
- Partners with other teams to conduct targeted segment understanding and analytics
- Resident subject matter expert on cultural trends and best ways to connect target consumer groups with social expression industry/Greetings industry
- Work with partners to effectively integrate and leverage insights from target consumer groups into existing and planned activities
- Increase Hallmark intelligence on how to attract, acquire and retain multicultural consumers (i.e. African American, Hispanic American, Asian American, LGBTQ, Millennial, Military, Differently Abled)
- Use primary and secondary research to proactively uncover necessary insights as needed across all target segments
2. Influence and Education
- Develop tools and strategies to educate the various key business partners across Hallmark on multicultural trends and insights
- Work closely with multicultural business integration leaders to communicate learnings and understand/anticipate needs of business partners throughout Hallmark
- Create learning agendas for various consumer (employee) segments to align and prioritize the learning path for the organization
Our ideal candidate is learning agile, curious, analytic and successful at communicating in a variety of ways across a diverse audiences. The ability to build strong working relationships and credibility will be key to the role, so a high level of personal leadership is a must. This role will report to the Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion in Hallmark's headquarters in Kansas City, MO.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications (listed below) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
The following is required to be considered for this role:
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of consumer insights and analytics experience in marketing, D&I product management or strategy
- At least 2 years experience in marketplace analytics
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) in a professional setting
Your application will stand out if you have:
- Ability to influence management (up through Sr. Leadership) strategic direction by using data to create compelling recommendations
- Analytics: Ability to conduct basic reporting, business intelligence and advanced analytics.
- Business acumen: Knows the company’s business, keen sense of business judgment.
- Leadership: Establishes a clear vision for multicultural strategy and influence on the whole, and communicates it throughout the organization
- Results orientation: As a change agent and business Leader, establishes metrics for change and moves the organization from point to point and in alignment with business results.
- Building and maintaining credibility: Builds and maintains credibility with a variety of different constituencies both internally and externally.
- Influence: Persuades other leaders of the value and the many implications of meaningful consumer/employee insights as a business lever – keeping in mind that many of those leaders will be at different levels of understanding of what’s at stake.
- Commitment to diversity: Be committed to multiculturalism both as a value in its own right and as an engine of better business performance
- Communication: Clearly articulate information, in written and verbal form, that causes clients and partners to understand and take action to positively affect the business
- Graduate Degree – Multicultural Strategy, marketing, consumer understanding
- Experience leading organizations through the inclusion of measureable D&I programs and initiatives
- Collaboration and communication
- Problem solving
- Intellectual curiosity
Hallmark believes in enriching the lives of our employees by offering benefit programs to help you:
- Take care of you and yours: We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as discounts on elder care, child care, education assistance and adoption assistance.
- Save for your future: Through profit sharing, you share in the success of Hallmark. We also offer a 4% match on 401(k) contributions.
- Enjoy your time: Maximize your work-life balance through Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, community volunteer opportunities and discounts on product, entertainment venues, amusement parks and sporting events.
- And More! (Like an on-site cafeteria, free parking, access to Crown Center and a fitness center).