tPosition: Multi - Site Lean Manager of Operational Excellence
Compensation: Excellent Base and Potential Bonus Compensation
Bonus: Potential Bonus Available Based on Overall Company Performance
Relocation: Local Candidate Preferred
Our client is an Arizona based privately held market leading company that seeks to significantly improve its operational execution and overall enterprise performance by levering Lean with the full support of the CEO and executive leadership team
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key Operational Excellence leadership position, reporting directly to the company CEO. This position will require an experienced Lean leader, preferably with a high labor content industry and experience. This position requires a leader that can facilitate and drive change in a fast-paced environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal and influencing skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels utilizing a very "hands on" approach to creating value and buy-in as the lead change facilitator for the business's Lean transformation across the company's entire value stream.
- This position will be responsible for leading and facilitating the company's overall Operational Excellence Lean initiative and strategy.
- This position will focus on the key development of the company's detailed overall daily operational standard work "playbook" which will insure the effective use and sequencing of the company's key assets of labor, equipment, consumables and operations.
- This position will develop this detailed daily sequenced standard work "playbook" by leveraging Lean principles tools and methods that yield significant and sustainable operational improvements by partnering with Process Owners to drive overall results on quality, cost, delivery and safety.
- This position will leverage the standard work "playbook", once established, as the basis for tiered organizational scorecard metrics to drive accountability and visibility on key process performance indicators on the effective use of the company's key assets of labor, equipment, consumables and operations.
- This position will develop an operating rhythm around the effective utilization of the established standard work "playbook" and operational scorecards and metrics to drive a culture of accountably and continuous improvement leveraging them into the foundation of Leadership Standard Work, Lean Daily Management, and Gemba Walks.
- This position will work with Process Owners to address deviations and unfavorable performance variances to the standard work "playbook" and operational scorecards to improvement the business performance leveraging Lean tools and methodologies.
- This position will provide leadership / mentoring / training to all levels of the organization on the use and practice of Lean methodology and tools.
- This position will support management in the development, planning and execution of a Lean strategy and metrics providing support to Process Owners in order to clearly link project metrics to strategic operational objectives using Business Process Management principles.
- This position will periodically be tasked with special high visibility projects across the business with a focus on improving the business quality, cost, delivery and safety.
- This position will also be accountable for the effective management and leadership of the company's inventory, purchasing and distribution management of its operations related consumables, maintenance parts and equipment assets.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS Technical Engineering Degree
- MBA a plus
- 7 years' experience in a high labor content industry
- 5 years' experience leading and executing process improvement projects in a dedicated Lean position.
- Formal Lean training and experience leveraging Value Stream Management tools, A3, kaizen methods, standardized work, SMED, TPM and other key Lean tools and methodologies.
- Experience as the leader of value stream improvement projects that demonstrate the ability to reduce waste and improve cycle times across the entire operational value stream.
- Prior exposure to a Lean Sensei mentor as part of development and Lean training
- Spanish language proficiency a plus.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team-oriented person required.