Our Software Engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities which arm and defend our warfighters. Working in the Space and Airborne Systems business unit of Raytheon, you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, electronic warfare, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. In addition to maintaining a strong portfolio of core capabilities, we continue to expand globally and innovate in our growth markets. Opportunities exist to work alongside and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists on innovative teams which are providing the most advanced research and development capabilities to solve the most complex problems.
We are looking to hire a Multi Domain Battle Management Software Developer to join our team of Software Engineers.
Typical job functions include:
- Participation on collaborative, cross-discipline integrated product teams, employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate complex application software products (planning services and real time decision aids/services) which our customers use to manage, and control assets in the field.
- Work on Advanced Command and Control Applications leveraging Web services, messaging protocols between systems, graphical interface design, plug in infrastructures, HTML5, and advanced visualization techniques.
- Being responsible for some of the software portion of the product, contributing as a software team member. Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from requirements analysis, through architecture and design, implementation, integration and test, and off site customer and supplier integration and test activities.
- 2+ years of work related experience with application software development; see examples in desired skills.
- BS / BA from an ABET accredited university with a major in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or related field.
- Software development experience with Java, C#, or related languages.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience spanning software design, implementation, testing, and system integration.
- Experience with developing and debugging TCP/IP based interfaces such as REST, RPC, Web Sockets and custom interfaces.
- Experience with Web Development and modern tooling such as CSS, sass, less, Webpack.
- Experience with Eclipse and OSGi/Eclipse Plugin Framework.
- Experience with Cesium, Google Earth and/or other Mapping/GIS software
- Experience working with EW Sensors/Sensor Networks.
- Experience with creating Docker Images for application containerization.
- Experience with basic Web Server security and deployment.
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies.
- Support occasional travel to integration and test events at customer sites.
- Master of Science degree (M.S.) in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or related field.
Requisition ID 129759BR