Location: United States - Massachusetts - Cambridge
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services
Job Category: Medical / Health - Other Medical / Health
Base Salary - $144,900 to $269,100
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
7+ to 10 years experience
Seniority Level - Director
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
The Multi-channel Scientific Engagement & Innovation Lead primary role is to help drive the evolution of global Medical development, planning & implementation of multi-channel customer engagement strategies and activities, with a mission to optimize interactions with HCP through innovative channels for enhanced medical engagement & education.
This leader will help drive coordination & alignment of projects across Global, Region and countries from a Scientific Engagement & Communication perspective and define/execute a high-level channel road-map based on customer needs to improve patient care and drive better health outcomes.
This leader closely tracks emerging and evolving digital technologies for the Healthcare & Pharma Industries. Leveraging proof of concept to test ideas, concepts and channels. They help identify new multi-channel customer facing initiatives and channels that will enhance the customer experience for drive scientific and medical knowledge to impact patient care. This individual will also work closely with the overall brand team, internal support functions and agency partners to manage all phases of execution for integrated multi-channel plans.
Finally, the Multi-channel Scientific Engagement & Innovation Lead also plays a key role in generating insights to drive ongoing optimization of Medical plans to continually help drive TA alignment of plans and strategies. The individual serves as a member of the Scientific Engagement & Communications Leadership Team.
The role reports directly to the Head of Scientific Engagement & Communication
Be a Medical Engagement champion
- Drive evolution for creation of Medical Multi-channel (MMC) plans that are integrated across channels, focusing on a seamless customer experience. Shape & execute the Multi-channel Scientific engagement/communication strategy
- GBU lead for Medical Gateway and other Digital, owns the GBU Medical Gateway space.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of customer channel preference. Facilitates rapid disciplined decision-making to define and execute a high-level channel road-map based on customer needs.
- Closely track emerging and evolving digital technologies across industries, with a focus on Healthcare & Pharma Industries. Leveraging proof of concept to test ideas, concepts and channels.
- Identify new multi-channel customer facing initiatives and channels that will enhance the customer experience for scientific and medical learning and/or improvement of patient care.
- Maintain a deep understanding of medical customer facing role & CRM in order to help plan enhancements to new and existing digital tools.
- Establishes strong business acumen by building and maintaining disease, market, and product knowledge including clear understanding of Medical objectives, goals, and strategies to improve patient care.
- Works with CMO function and analytics team to provide input that defines/refines engagement strategies and segmentation over time, as well as with overall strategic/multi-channel marketing to understand evolution of approaches that could potentially be utilized, compliantly, to drive change in Medical engagement and knowledge dissemination strategies.
Be a multi-channel expert
- Able to enhance ability of TA teams to translate Medical strategies into compelling MMC plans driven by customer insights and analytics
- Designs and champions an integrated multi-channel tactical plan that is aligned to business objectives, maximizes Medical TA relevance and value to improve patient care
- Possess an in-depth understanding of the multiple channels of customer engagement utilized by an organization across their varied customers (i.e., HCP, patient, payer) including how the channels can be utilized effectively in an integrated fashion to deliver cross-channel Scientific/Medical patient journeys
- Constant focus on enabling the best customer experience in every interaction and always providing a way for that customer to continue their conversation with the brand
Be a change agent
- Influences the TA team approaches to integrated multichannel strategies for creation and dissemination of scientific/medical knowledge, including both publications and medical content in a fully compliant manner.
- Give guidance to TA teams around the importance and positive patient care impact of a truly integrated engagement approach across all channels and end-user groups
- Defend recommendations with confidence, continually educating others on best practices
- Benchmark and assesses internally and externally medical digital solutions in Medical in order to contribute to the development of the global medical e-strategy
Be a great partner
- Provides clear direction to TA teams, agencies and internal partners for channel selection, content development and tactical delivery
- Work in a matrixed environment and successfully partner with cross functional teams, including brand teams and agency partners and have an ability to lead cross functional stakeholders and coordinate across teams to ensure projects continue to move forward
- Drive best practice within SGZ Medical and act as digital liaison with the CMO Function and other key internal stakeholders.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Medical, 5+ years progressive management/ leadership experience. Experience across several therapeutic areas/ functions, healthcare, and/or consumer products, preferred.
- Bachelor's education at minimum. Advanced degree in a scientific discipline (e.g. PhD, PharmD) and/or Business qualifications (e.g. MBA, Project Management certification) preferred.
- Substantial multi-disciplinary and/or cross-functional project leadership experience required. Desired past experience within strategic planning, building cross functional consensus, brand marketing, multi-channel marketing, digital marketing, and/or comparable experience within Medical.
- Excellent knowledge of Medical activities desired, spanning from Scientific Publications, Medical Communications, Medical Engagement, Field-base Medical Roles and Responsibilities, IME/Grants, or Medical Learning.
- Proven leadership, capacity to coordinate several activities and stakeholders (including external partners) to ensure value added activities/prioritization/and strategic impact.
- Strong understanding of operating models of large organizations (Structure, processes, governance and systems) and strong vision on how to optimize efficiency with focus on performance management and excellence in execution
- Proven self-starter with experience in building capabilities based on defined business needs across geographies and functions; international experience desirable.
- Act for Change- embrace change and innovation to initiate new and improved ways of working. Essential sub-competencies for the roles include:
- Strong consulting, facilitation, and communication skills bridging between scientific and business priorities, to manage effective international and cross-divisional collaboration.
- Anticipates and attends to the human side of change, with speed, flexibility, innovation and forward thinking. Accelerates decision making by establishing clear accountabilities and simplified work processes.
- Strong leadership presence w/ ability to present and interact with Sr Management
- Cooperate Transversely- collaborate effectively with peers, stakeholders and partners across the organization, within and across GBUs, to positively impact business results. Essential sub-competencies for the roles include:
- Proven stakeholder management skills with senior/executive leaders, including comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to think independently.
- Successfully integrates various and conflicting perspectives to achieve appropriate buy-in, bringing about the best outcome for the company as a whole.
- Capability to operate and implement in a matrix organization, with and without direct supervisory control.
- Strategic Thinking & Decision Making – ability to think and plan broadly and long-term to inspire excellence in execution and timely decision making based on information available. Essential sub-competencies for the roles include:
- Ability to think strategically and communicate complex information in simple terms
- Ability to propose creative solutions to operational/strategic issues, anticipating risks and propose mitigation plans
- Commit to Customers- Understand, meet and excel internal and external customer expectations to create positive impact