The Solution Architect provides technical leadership on MuleSoft implementation projects. This person is primarily responsible for evaluating technical and functional requirements and for developing a sound architectural blueprint in line with business goals. As an experienced practitioner, the Solution Architect will advise on best practices for on-premise/cloud/hybrid integration and API management.
This person will be an influencer and thought leader and will also possess the in-depth technical expertise and credibility to provide detailed guidance to the implementation team. The Solution Architect will perform hands-on activities as required to ensure project success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct requirements gathering workshops and lead the solution design process
- Articulate recommendations through compelling presentations and architectural blueprint documents to a variety of audiences, including business management and experienced IT architects.
- Lead technical teams through complex, multi-phased delivery projects and provide hands-on delivery guidance
- Create and influence proper standards for development, governance and operational lifecycle
- Identify on-going risks and pain points throughout the project, develop and implement mitigation measures
- Capture project lessons and convert them into architectural best practices applicable to the broader install base; mentor and coach the internal team through internal training sessions.
- Mentor and train the internal team on design and architecture best practices
- Improve internal processes, and promote knowledge sharing in the team, by contributing to the knowledge base, blogs, and brown bag lunches
- 10-12 years of total experience
- 5+ years demonstrated expertise designing, implementing, and supporting Enterprise-grade technical solutions meeting complex business requirements
- 3+ years experience providing technical solutions development for on-premise and SaaS applications using JEE and/or JSE frameworks
- Integration architectureexperience with MuleSoft or other solutions including, IBM, BEA, Oracle, Tibco, Progress Sonic, etc.
- Experience with Tomcat, XML, JMS, WS-*, SOA integration, API Management technologies and standards
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF
- Knowledge of Open Source architectures and/or past contributions to open source projects
- Design, development and operations experience with highly-available, scalable, and fault tolerant systems
- Experience designing public and private enterprise secure services using RAML and REST based APIs
- Experience profiling and troubleshooting Java application code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong cognitive ability especially with respect to understanding, documenting, and describing complex technical subjects
- Interface architecture knowledge with one or more on-premise / SaaS packaged solutions for ERP, CRM, e-Commerce, or mobile (e.g. Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, Workday, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent industry experience
- Experience delivering in waterfall, scrum, agile, and other methodologies