eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
We need a motivated developer to write high quality, high performance, and maintainable front-end and back-end code while focusing on scalability, security, web standards, interoperability, and accessibility. We want the highest levels of technical talent with programming skills, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward.
You’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. As a core participant of your team, you’ll estimate engineering efforts, prioritize projects, plan implementations, and triage production issues.
You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences, improve existing products, and develop distributed systems powering the world’s largest e-commerce websites at a scale few companies can match.
- Insightful. You can evaluate user needs and desires, and translate those into viable designs and products
- Inventive. You have the ability to do a lot with less. You can aggregate information from various places and build relationships with key partners to get the information you need
- Tech Savvy. Master your tools and continue to expand your systems knowledge through formal or informal research and training.
- UI expertise. Know design, and JS Frameworks such as React, Vue.js, AngularJS and/or JQuery
- Programming. Be proficient with Python/Java and/or Node.js
- A go-getter. Seek new opportunities, don’t shy away from challenges, and bring energy and passion to the office every day.
- Own, design and deliver highly available platforms to operate at scale to supervise and manage eBay’s SQL and NoSQL databases
- Design and deliver web services which allow eBay developers to intuitively build applications to supervise and manage eBay’s SQL and no SQL databases through your platforms
- Ensure the high availability - at scale - of these platforms and web services – including the management of the infrastructure, which supports them
- Strong design and programming skills in an Object Oriented Language such as Java/Python
- Strong background in building scaleable and distributed systems
- Experience in building web services at scale – ideally RESTful
- Experience with SQL (Oracle) and NoSQL (Mongo, Couchbase) databases
- Nice to haves: Experience with Search (Elasticsearch, Apache Lucene), graph databases (Neo4j) and Reactive Programming
- Passion for large scale, high-volume, distributed systems.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- You must be a self-starter, take initiative and work independently – as well as in collaboration with peers
- A desire and ability to use technology to drive creativity