- Planning, designing, developing and testing software systems, embedded or applications for software enhancements and new products.
- Provide technical leadership in the development of device driver.
- Closely interact with ASIC Design team in new feature definition and bring up for future product generation.
- Familiarity with FPGA/Emulation platforms
- Improve customer satisfaction and product Quality by fixing problems.
- Accountable on time delivery of deliverables.
- Involves collaboration on or assuming the consultative or leadership responsibilities for a specific project or for product development initiatives.
- Is required to deal with internal groups on behalf of the group or project.
- Has accountability for results in a particular area of work.
- Design and implement embedded firmware enabling a wide range of security features
- Develop new software features and enhancements within pre & post silicon environments
- Engage as an active team player, leverage AGILE methodologies to drive cross team development, provide leadership to junior developers and always ready to take on new challenges
- Drive design reviews, quality improvements and architectural discussions
- May have limited accountability for a small number of engineers related to projects (2-5), (e.g., be involved in any of the following activities: interview and selection, day-to-day technical supervision or mentoring).
- Experience with embedded firmware development on ARM or x86 microprocessors
- Familiarity with pre-silicon validation on FPGAs or simulation environments along with ASIC bring-up
- Familiarity with Verilog and JTAG protocol preferred
- Well versed in software engineering practices to drive timely execution and long term sustainability
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, responding to changing business and technical conditions with minimal direction
- 6+ years of hands on experience with low level development in C / C++
- Knowledge of Cryptography, DRM & Platform Security concepts
- Familiarity with databus protocol such as SPI, I2C and PCIE an asset
- Laboratory experience, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc an asset
- Excellent communications skills: verbal, written and interpersonal
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- BS + 5-7 years or MS + 3-5 years or PhD + 1 year.
Requisition Number: 51761