The Thermal/Mechanical design team at AMD is responsible for the thermal, mechanical and acoustic design of graphics cards, including the AMD Radeon™ and AMD Radeon Pro™ line of desktop, workstation and server cards. This team is essential to the success of AMD as a growing company. It is a small but high impact global team, and there are plenty of opportunities to make significant contributions that will impact the end product.
As a Member of Technical Staff (MTS), you will be responsible for end-to-end development and delivery of commercially-viable discrete GPU thermal/mechanical solutions to the marketplace in a timely and cost-effective manner.
You will focus on:
- Product scoping and definition of silicon-level thermal sensing and control features and architecture, thermal solution feasibility analysis and scoping, including cost analysis for volume manufacturing. Understand the requirements from customers and system design and break down into thermal solution level requirements.
- Product Design of graphics card thermal solutions, including CFD simulations, FEA and CAD design to meet or exceed the product requirements and schedule with an eye towards cost optimizations and industrial design considerations.
- Characterization of gaming, workstation and server products through prototyping, test and analysis. This includes creating test plans for thermal, mechanical and acoustic tests, data analysis, debug and optimization at a card-level and customer/reference system-level.
- Technology development from the chip-level to the system-level to constantly drive innovation and push the boundaries of electronics cooling and productize leading edge technology for volume manufacturing.
This role requires considerable use of initiative and independent judgment – all within a framework of a tightly-coordinated, uniformly-executing global team.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Communication, teamwork and problem solving: Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the engineering and executive levels, including a proven track record of working across organization boundaries to define requirements, solve complex problems and drive programs to successful completion.
- CAD: Experience with SolidWorks and/or Creo is required.
- CFD/FEA: Experience with Icepak and/or Flotherm is required. FEA experience in ANSYS is a plus.
- Lab Skills: Experience with Design of Experiments, instrumentation, data acquisition and data analysis, including uncertainty analysis.
- Manufacturing: Good knowledge of DFM (Design for Manufacturing), including experience with volume manufacturing in Asia as well as North America.
- Education: Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering + 5 years, or PhD + 3 years relevant experience in an electronics cooling related Thermal/Mechanical Engineering role.
This team is essential to the success of AMD. You will be working with the very best in our technology, while working on some of the most exciting projects the industry has to offer.
Requisition Number: 64324