MTS ASIC / Layout Design Engineer
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
AMD's strategic focus is on developing one-of-a-kind solutions through its Semi-Custom Business Unit (SCBU) based on the extensive set of intellectual property (IP) amassed across AMD processors, graphics and multimedia. Providing to customers a level of flexibility and differentiation that goes beyond standard AMD products, the business unit takes AMD to a new level of customer-centric design by integrating these building blocks with customer-specific IP to create tailor-made solutions using a flexible System-on-a-Chip (SoC) design methodology.
The business unit features a strong team of engineers who have design wins in all major gaming consoles. They are exceptional and experts in graphics and compute processing. The PlayStation 4 (PS4) from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI), the Xbox One from Microsoft are some examples of AMD's Semi-Custom solutions.
The Semi-Custom Business Unit (SCBU) has a career making opportunity for a Senior Member of Technical Staff.
- MS/PhD in EE/CS with 7+ years of hardware verification experience.
- Knowledge of SOC and system architecture and familiar with RTL designs/Coding styles
- Demonstrated technical expertise in functional verification of microprocessor/ASIC designs.
- Working knowledge of languages such as C/C++/Verilog/SV/UVM/Perl etc.
- Hands on experience with design flows and methodologies used for chip verification. .
- Experience managing technical teams is a plus
- Familiarity with X86 Assembly is a plus
Additional Recommended Skills
- Superior communication skills.
- Be able to work with functional teams across various geographies.
- Capable of managing small technical teams.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and juggle multiple work streams to tight deadlines.
Requisition Number: 51162