Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Do you want to make an impact on the world’s largest e-commerce website? Are you interested in building performance efficient, high-volume, highly scalable and resilient distributed systems? We have a place for you!
We are looking for a senior back-end software engineer for Buyer Experience organization to work in Member to Member Communication engineering team. We are responsible for building and managing end-to-end systems to support safe, secure and effective communication between marketplace sellers and buyers.
- Define, design, and implement highly scalable, resilient and performant distributed systems
- Work throughout all phases of the software development life cycle independently as well as work jointly with other team members
- Collaborate with architects, product management, engineering, QE and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions adherence to development goals and principles
- Lead product design, produce clear, well-documented design docs, and participate in design and code reviews
- Evangelize and communicate your design, methods, and results to a community of developers, analysts, and product managers
- Provide technical guidance, coaching, mentorship to develop and improve performance of individual team members and success of overall team
- Strictly follow Definition of Done (DoD) process for better quality by maintaining over 80% unit test coverage and other release criteria standards
- Responsible for leading engineering support, release, and on-call responsibilities for an always-on 24x7 site
- 12+ years of software design and development experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOPs, and OOA/D
- 10+ years of experience in software development using Java, SOAP, RESTful Web Services.
- 6+ years of experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS, NoSQL, and Elastic Search
- 3+ years of experience in architecting, designing, and building highly scalable and available back-end systems and services for large web sites
- Proven results-oriented person with a delivery focused in fast paced and dynamic environment. Must demonstrate a sense of ownership to plan, execute and drive the product deliverables to successful completion and be successful in a collaborative environment
- Experience with agile development methodologies, Test Driven Development (TDD) and CI/CD
- Ability to think innovatively and contribute to the success of the products, processes and customer experience
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration skills
- MS + 10 years of experience or bachelor’s degree (BSCS or BSEE or Other Related 4yr Technical Degree) + 12 years of experience