Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Title: MTS1, Business Systems Analyst
The person we are seeking must be self-motivated and have proven experience influencing, communicating and interacting effectively across all levels of the company, from individual business unit managers to executive management. He or she should have proven ability to build relationships/partnerships and work cross-functionally to drive key decisions and time sensitive deliverables.
- Leverage Objective & Key Results (OKR) framework to identify business, product metrics and monitor the performance through dashboards and ad hoc analysis
- Develop, automate, and maintain dashboards using Tableau and ensure timeliness and accuracy of metrics in the dashboards.
- Analyze and communicate key insights for existing projects. Be a thought leader and subject matter expert for specific analytics-driven business problems.
- Communicate business findings and strategic recommendations to senior management. Drive the implementation of Analytics Platforms that connect data systems and Business Intelligence systems.
- Be able to construct an analysis around a specific business question, write up a clear, useable project plan, and execute with minimal guidance.
- Should be able to manage projects independent till the very end and then measure their impact
- Understanding key enterprise tables and is able to extract critical business metrics
- Has good working knowledge of how multiple technology domains interact to create end-to-end system and how to partition the system into those technology domains (E.g. – understanding the backend service development (a technology domain) with context in web interfaces data storage (other technology domains)
- Be able to roll up your sleeves and work with large quantities of data by using SQL, SAS or other data and statistical tools. Experience building financial models and scenario planning is a plus.
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience in analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing data insights into actionable recommendations
- Data driven mindset with degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics; Masters or MBA preferred
- Fluent in SQL and Excel; experience with a statistical programming language (e.g., R, Python), visualization tools such as Tableau or Qlikview, and/or web analytics tools (e.g., Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics) preferred
- Advanced Tableau, Advanced Microsoft Excel and SQL knowledge; experience with Microstrategy, Einstein Analytics, Salesforce.comreporting an advantage
- Where appropriate, is able to learn and leverage statistical/predictive tools such as R, SAS, etc. and able to communicate/translate statistical insights into actionable recommendations
- Good understanding of instrumentation and able to coordinate with partners on requirements
- Ability to identify and pursue new improvement opportunities in line with business plans
- Presentation skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical groups.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to influence cross-functional teams. Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Prior experience in building, developing, leading and retaining high performance teams preferred
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.