As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Voya Investment Management (Voya IM) is the asset management business of Voya Financial, a Fortune 500 company with over 6,000 employees seeking to help clients plan, invest and protect their savings. Voya IM manages approximately $220 billion in assets across Fixed Income, Senior Loans, Equities, Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions, Private Equity, and Real Assets.1 Drawing on over 40 years of experience and the expertise of 250+ investment professionals, Voya IM’s capabilities span traditional products and solutions as well as those that cannot be easily replicated by an index.Voya IM’s award-winning culture is deeply rooted in a client-centric approach to helping investors meet their goals — from insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, and consultants to intermediaries, and individual investors. Reliability is why our clients hire us and it is why they trust us to navigate the path ahead.Job Purpose
Perform and support all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle, including Agile, problem investigation, business analysis, design, implementation, maintenance and support, as part of our technology team focused on support of our Voya Investment Management (IM) organization. You will lead a small team of developers on a project basis.Key Responsibilities
- Accountable as both an individual contributor as well as a senior resource on a small end to end development team.
- Involvement in multiple project types (long, mid, short term) where the ability to multi-task is critical.
- Work with internal customers as well as external vendors/partners and build a strong rapport with key business customers in the investment teams, operations personnel and colleagues in other cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work end to end with a focus on the data access and database integration on MS SQL servers.
- Ability to handle problem solving, troubleshooting and triage situations that bring matters to a successful conclusion.
- Provide business day user support and overnight support rotation for applications developed and supported by our team.
- Ability to quickly understand how each application functions in order to troubleshoot issues, determine appropriate resolution and communicate resolution clearly with our business customers.
- Operate in a dynamic environment and be open to the adoption of new and/or changing technologies and toolsets.
- Expected to take a lead role in projects, requiring deep involvement throughout a project’s life (test plans, requirements gather, solutions architecture, task management, etc.).
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 4+ years with Microsoft SQL Server is required (MS SQL2012/2016/2019). Data warehouse experience a plus.
- Relational database development experience is required, including database design, architecture and data modeling.
- 5+ years with Microsoft Development tools, including TFS, C#.NET and/or ASP.NET, MVC (4 or newer a plus).
- Experience supporting job processing streams & scheduling environment required.
- Strong communication skills to facilitate prompt problem resolution.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Financial services experience desired; Investment Management background a strong plus.
- Experience with Python, Power BI, Microsoft Azure Cloud Technology a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services desired by not required.
- Experience working in an Agile scrum development environment desired but not required.
- Experience with developing financial applications and understanding financial concepts desired.
- Experience supporting and developing applications for Equity investments including trading systems, decision support portfolio management systems, securities databases, financial accounting systems and/or databases is a strong plus.
- Leadership skills, ability to mentor a small team.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or similar curriculum.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.