MSLA is a Medical Corporation that provides comprehensive independent medical evaluations (IME) and other IME related services to the government and private industry. Our business philosophy incorporates both exceptional customer service and quality evaluations, both of which are the primary factors for our rapid growth since our inception in 1998.
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Contracts Manager and lead contracts professional, you will oversee and support the full range of contracting and procurement activities in a fast paced federal contracting function of a cost reimbursable, time and materials, and fixed price nature relating to disability examinations and independent medical reviews. There is a minor emphasis on state and commercial contracts.
In this role you will apply the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) to government contracts and procurements. The successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to perform in a complex cross-functional environment.
- Daily and close communication with a key customer
- Effective management of customer priorities and needs
- Understanding the complexity of the programs in order to identify risks, develop solutions, mitigation and negotiation strategies
- Responsible for the full range of contracting and procurement activities including contract, subcontract, NDA and teaming agreement negotiation, administration, modification and closeout.
- Manage and support proposal efforts from RFP release through award, including reviewing RFP documents for contract issues, preparing Business Proposals (including pricing and costing) and reviewing proposal submittals to ensure compliance/responsiveness to RFP and task order requirements or identifies noncompliant terms and conditions and works with business team to mitigate risks
- Ensure compliance with contracting policies and procedures consistent with government regulations and company policies
- Attend and participate in senior level meetings to support business strategies, pricing strategies, and identification of potential risk factors to the organization
- Work directly with project managers and practice leaders to ensure contract deliverables are being met
- Collaborate, coordinate and provide guidance to affiliates within parent organization
- Balance competing priorities and workflows to meet organizational objectives and critical timelines
- Create and maintain standardized processes and procedures for proposal and contract files
- Perform risk analysis review for all contractual documents and recommend mitigating options
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Undergraduatedegreerequired; NCMA membership a plus
- 5+ years directly related experience in federal government contracting including demonstrated expertise managing procurement activities from RFP to contract award negotiation and administration/closeout
- Strong knowledge/expertise of FAR, DFAR and all types of contract vehicles for government agencies (e.g., VA, DoD, etc.)
- Experience managing contract compliance, schedule, cost performance and customer satisfaction
- Must have ability to successfully interface with and influence business leaders across the organization
- Experience with being the customer interface and demonstrated success in building strong customer relationships and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of change management
- Experience working with VA / DOD