The individual, field-based MSL will report to the Director of the MSL team within the Medical Affairs department and will play a highly visible role in our Company, with critical relationships across Clinical Development, Commercial and Program Management.
• Implement KOL field strategy, including KOL identification as well as speaker development and support.
• Execute scientific presentations both one on one or to groups of customers
• Facilitate scientific discussions in the field and work with other in-house and field partners to facilitate ongoing information/clinical data sharing (ie. new data, competitive information, insights learned from customer) to optimize communications and coordinated activities across the organization
• Execute conference strategy, including staffing of scientific booths at major conferences and regional clinical meetings
• Implement Oncology cooperative group activity plan
• Act as key liaison for all aspects in the support of investigator sponsored trials (IST)
• Support planning and execution of advisory boards
• Partner and collaborate effectively with internal business partners, especially with members of the clinical teams
• Stay abreast of emerging scientific literature/clinical data, translate the data in applicable knowledge, and provide scientific input in the development of Medical Communication material
• A minimum of 5 years of biotechnology or life sciences experience, with at least 3 years as Medical Science Liaison or related function, preferably in the hematology/oncology setting
• An advanced doctoral degree (MD, PhD or PharmD) or relevant clinical experience required
• Candidate should have strong presentation and interaction skills and experience in providing evidence based scientific and clinical information to the medical and payer community
• Up to 75% regional and some international traveling required.
• The candidate should also demonstrate a leadership style that fits within the Seattle Genetics culture. The successful candidatewill work with the highest standards in Health Care Compliance, demonstrate the highest integrity and ethical behavior, mutual respect for our people, has a true passion for science and in making a difference in patient's lives, works collaboratively within teams, uses resources carefully and contribute to a great place to work and grow within the Medical Affairs team