$80K — $100K *
• Demonstrates detailed scientific knowledge of therapeutic area disease state (ophthalmology), Alimera product (ILUVIEN) and competitor products / landscape
• Actively seeks to deepen scientific knowledge through constant learning and identifying gaps in expertise
• Systematically evaluates available resources to address gaps in individual and team knowledge
Creation of Scientific Content
• Proactively identifies potential solutions to address internally and externally recognized needs for medical information
• Filters, evaluates and contextualizes scientific information from available resources to generate credible scientific content
• Develops materials that respond to the needs of the scientific community in alignment with Alimera medical objectives
• Effectively collaborates with internal / external partners to create scientific content
Share Scientific Information
• Effectively communicates complex scientific concepts and information in a variety of settings
• Anticipates the strategic impact of new scientific data, new drug and technology innovations that may impact the disease area, and shares with the cross functional team
• Effectively and appropriately responds to thought leaders / scientific experts standing or one-time request for scientific information using the KOL / SME preferred channel
• Follows all guidelines and procedures governing activities associated with responding to unsolicited requests for information
• Effectively trains appropriately identified speakers on scientific content
• Develops and conducts scientific education for Alimera personnel
• Adapts communication style to meet the needs of various audiences
• Demonstrates effective facilitation skills
Scientific Expert Support
• Demonstrates ability to build mutually beneficial and sustainable relationships with TL / SME
• Actively identifies SME according to appropriate criteria on an ongoing basis
• Enquires, understands and interprets the research and academic interests of SME and records information appropriately
• Engages SME to develop mutually beneficial plan for their interaction with Alimera
• Demonstrates ability to clarify and document SME standing or one-time requests
• Provides scientifically objective responses to specific requests from SME / HCP using medical information and scientific resources
• Identifies SME professional interests and assists networking activities as requested by SME
• Facilitates and provides support for clinicians to present relevant clinical and scientific data at conferences and congresses.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Alimera structure, roles and responsibilities of internal partners
• Proactively identifies opportunities for medical input into brand strategy
• Actively contributes to development and presentation of a medical plan that aligns agreed medical and business objectives
• Implements medical projects and updates stakeholders as appropriate
• Anticipates the strategic impact of clinical insights and voice of customer information and shares with internal partners as appropriate
• Connects SME with relevant internal / external resources to meet strategic goals of both Alimera and SME/HCP
• Provides SME recommendations for ILUVIEN programs in alignment with brand strategy and according to expertise, professional standing and interest
• Provides subject matter expertise for reviewing materials and serves as a scientific resource for internal partners
• Effectively collaborates with alliance partners as appropriate
Meeting Planning and Support
• Coordinates with Alimera team to develop and implement consultant meetings
• Defines medical content for consultant meetings to fulfill meeting objectives
• Develops scientific exchange programs that meet an identified need within the external SME community and support Alimera medical objectives
• Facilitates process and provides detailed speaker briefing as appropriate for medical education activities
• Provides medical support (content generation, planning and execution) for speaker training meetings (i.e. presentation of scientific background information), company symposia, scientific roundtable meeting and advisory boards
• Identifies and facilitates opportunities for collaboration between external researchers and Alimera team
• Facilitates IIT process by serving as the interface between Alimera and external investigators
• Proactively provides recommendations for clinical research investigators according to SME expertise and interest
• Facilitates interactions between medical personnel and external investigators as needed
• At all times conduct will adhere to Alimera Sciences, Inc. corporate SOPs and compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory guidelines.
• Follows ethical and legal guidelines and adheres to all company policies
• Completes and records all required training assigned to individual training plan within the defined timeframe
• Demonstrates the ability to operate in a compliant way and effectively communicates the compliance boundaries within and outside Alimera
• Full awareness and compliance with pharmacovigilance and quality procedures, and able to provide support on Risk Management Plans (RMP) where appropriate.
• Consistently monitors and evaluates progress and adjusts / refines plans, actions and resources effectively
• Demonstrates proficiency and efficiency when using information technology required to support the MSL role
• Follows all requirements for documentation practices
• Effectively manages spending / resources in the field role
• Demonstrates consistent contribution to team goals and activities
• Seen as an expert resource by peers and internal stakeholders and seeks opportunities to add value to the wider company.
• Demonstrates strategic analysis, planning and prioritization of work activities within defined geography to maximize efficiency
• Strong knowledge of the pharma/biotech industry.
• Knowledge of Key US Healthcare Laws and Regulations (e.g. FDCA)
• Knowledge of key Industry codes of Conduct (e.g. PhRMA)
• Extensive experience in Ophthalmology and, or extensive health care related experience (clinical practice, research, or academic).
• Clear understanding of MSL roles and responsibilities, and Medical Affairs activities including: publication planning, medical information, and advisory boards planning and compliance rules.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• The ability to work independently and as a part of diverse teams.
• Strong time management and administrative skills.
• Minimum requirement: Master’s degree in scientific discipline; Doctoral degree in scientific discipline preferred (PhD, PharmD, MD, DNP, DO)
• 5 years Pharmaceutical Industry experience or relevant work experience.
Valid through: 10/20/2021
$140K — $160K *
3 days ago