MSBNA First Line Operational Risk Manager - Associate / Vice President
This role is a VP position reporting directly to the Head of Bank Non-Market Risk at Morgan Stanley Bank, N.A. (“MSBNA”). The Non-Market Risk Officer will also work closely with the COO of the Bank in leading the risk and control functions for the first line of defense at MSBNA.
This person will be responsible for managing MSBNA’s First Line policies and procedures that relate to all non-market risk areas of the Bank. This person will assist the Head of Non-Market Risk with all other non-market risk responsibilities, including Operational Risk and Reg W compliance responsibilities.
• Manage all First Line policies and procedures related to Bank non-market risk activities including drafting, reviewing and updating them as necessary.
• Assist with audits, exams and compliance testing of the functions of the Bank Non-Market Risk Team.
• Assist with oversight of Critical and High Self-Identified Issues and Action Plans.
• Assist with First Line Operational Risk responsibilities, including reviewing and reporting on Operational Risk Incidents; supporting the design, development and tracking of Key Risk Indicators; supporting the Business Unit Risk Assessment quarterly process; and participating and supporting the Risk & Control Self-Assessment process (including subsequent Control Testing).
• Assist with due diligence related to onboarding new products.
• Assist Head of Bank Non-Market Risk with ad hoc responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or other related field (Law degree is a plus).
• 5+ years of relevant experience in operational risk management, compliance or audit. Experience in risk analysis within the financial services industry is a plus.
• Ability to analyze a function, process, or transaction, and identify the key risks and controls within it.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including PowerPoint/presentation skills and the ability to influence and interact with senior members of the Bank.
• Strong interpersonal skills – Ability to freely develop networks, build consensus, prioritize effectively, and develop alliances across organizations.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, both independently and as part of a team, and under tight deadlines.