Microsoft is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
Microsoft Advertising (MSA) is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of our digital portfolio including our high-growth search engine, Bing.
We are seeking an experienced Business Manager to work on MSA's growing Microsoft Audience Network (MSAN) business. The individual in this role will bring a broad set of business skills and a deep understanding of the operation of Sales organizations, ideally in the digital advertising space. This role requires a strategic thinker and strong collaborator, with impeccable communication, planning and execution skills. This role is responsible for coordinating across Generalist and Specialist sales leadership, cross-Microsoft Business teams, Engineering teams, and MSA Global Operations to develop key insights and enable critical decision-making for Incubation leaders and MSA Leadership.Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the business planning rhythm including preparation for, and participation in, the Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Rhythm-of-the-Business (RoB) activities
- Develop qualitative/quantitative analysis of customer trends within Incubation products
- Leverage and develop reporting capabilities that enable visibility into revenue, forecast, adoption targets and attainment for specialist sellers, specialist sales managers, generalist sales managers and MSA LT
- Contribute to incentive compensation and quota management activities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and influence with MSAN specialist sellers and specialist Sales Managers in the Field sales team
- Partner with Incubation Sales strategy leads to drive consistency and excellence in how the MSAN specialist sales team sells, relying on a growth mindset to help land changes to the sales model as it's defined
- Partner with broader Field Sales Excellence community to leverage existing tools and best practices as well as ensuring representation for MSAN in core field Sales Excellence exercises (e.g. Business updates, segmentation reviews)
- Consolidate and help share VOC/VOF feedback with Business teams and Engineering
- Partner with stakeholders across MSA, particularly the Sales Strategy leads and Readiness teams, to ensure that Sales are on track for any role evolution or depth-expertise required in selling MSAN
- Partner with specialist and generalist sales stakeholders understand tool needs for MSAN and represent those needs in planning rhythms with Operations and Engineering
- Surface improvement opportunities to evolve and refine MSAN operating model processes/governance and land strategic priorities/initiatives effectively
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned business professional with either analytics, sales, marketing or operations experience who is passionate about helping sellers deliver great solutions to their clients.
- Strong communication skills in all areas of the business - from Senior Leadership through all field roles - with high attention to clear and concise delivery
- Willingness to adapt quickly to shifting business priorities and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to function effectively in a highly-matrixed work environment with strong cross-functional team collaboration skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing end-to-end processes to support complex business problems
- BA/BS from an accredited college/university or at least 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Sales and/or client facing experience preferred.
- Search Advertising experience preferred.
- Some travel may be required (less than 25%)
- BA/BS from an accredited college/university preferred or at least 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Professional experience working across functions to influence business strategy
- 3+ years of professional experience in analytics, sales, marketing or business operations
- 2+ years of experience in a similar function, ideally within digital advertising.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.